Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting >

Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting

Old 10-28-2002, 02:11 PM

Default Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting

OK

I need to know from experienced bowhunters with climbers what they consider to be the best all around climber. Especially when it comes to weight, sound and ease of use.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting

I'm a Summit fan. My latest, greatest is the Revolution. It weighs about 22 lbs. and is very easy to use... quietly if you take your time and watch what you are doing. It is slicker than snake feces! Very comfortable. You'll find alot of Summit fans on here along with Ol' Man, API and some Lone Wolf supporters.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

For bowhuntin, you can't beat the summit cobra. it's open at the front so no bar in the way. weighs-17 lbs, sets up very quick with
the snake cable, climbs easy , and is very comfy!

daytona 500 winner- Ward Burton
go Cat-22
Old 10-28-2002, 04:40 PM

i'm a summit fan myself. i have a bushwacker. it so easy. no moving parts...screws, wing nuts, etc. it uses a cable. all welded. it's so light and so comfortable. i used to use a API climber but it made so much noise and all those moving parts just made it rattle.

gotto go Summit!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:56 PM

i'm content with my high-point

If I ain't huntin',I'm trappin',If I ain't trappin',I'm fishin'
If I ain't fishin',I'm wishin'!
Old 10-28-2002, 05:05 PM

I use a Summit Bushmaster and love it. The front is open, so no bars to hit your limbs or string or arrows on....it's light (I think around 16 lbs.) and is quiet. I've used some stands that spook every deer in the county when putting it on the tree...the cables on the Bushmaster slide in and out easily..so there are no wing nuts to worry about. And it comes with a full body harness....

Only thing you might want to get in addition is a bungee to hold it together in transport more securely than the straps it comes with.

Summit makes a great stand...good luck finding the right one for you!

Old 10-28-2002, 05:27 PM

hey springgobbler, on my bushmaster i use the black rope to tie off the back near the teeth. i also use the green strap to hold it tight while i carry it. it's nice and tight with no noise.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any stand made by Summit. I was on a week long hunt in West Virgina, spending a lot of time in the stand, I can honestly say the only way I could spend all those hours in the tree was due to the safe comfortable feeling I get when In my Summit golitath. It is the most comfortable tree stand that is still practical for the bowhunter that I have ever used!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

The Api Grandslam Bowhunter is the best climbing stand for bowhunters. Buy that and a set of 15" rubber bungee cords and its endless. I love it
Old 10-28-2002, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Bushmaster

Quick Reply: Best Climbing Stand for Bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.