Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech?

hey guys i havent been on this forum in a while.. been busy chasin the turks...anyways i bought a 2004 or a 2005 (not sure of which year) bowtech patriot single cam...i bought it off of a guy from the classified section (thx jinn a.k.a mike)
to get to the point WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF THIS BOW? ...GOOD OR BAD?..ANY EXPERIENCE WITH IT?... it should arive soon! ,,,, its supposed to be in good condition
Old 04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech?

Congrats on the new bow.
With an STS installed my 04 Patriot is just as smooth during the shot as my non-sts Tribute.
There are only a few minor changes between the 04's &05's that I can think off off hand. The string material they came with andI think the 05 limbs have the square block up frontwhere the limbbolt comes through at (could be wrong on that one).

My feelingson the bow is that it is one of the smoothest drawing semi-speed bows out there. It's the standard I held my 06 purchase to and onlytwo of the ~13+ 2006 bows I shot in comparisoncouldpossibly replace it (for what I'm looking for in a bow that is). Granted this is justmy opinion, but the onlything the Tribute has over it is the energy found in the binary cam system. Aside from that they are pretty neck-in-neck on everything else.
If your going drop away I found my Drop Zone to set up & tune easier with the infinity cam, but have since made my Trophy Taker work on it.

My 04 Patriot with an STS is a great combo- not string thingies needed with the sts installed.

Hope you enjoy it, got any more ?? I'll be glad to answer them as best I can.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wondering why didn't you think of these questions before you purchased the bow? I am sure you are gitting a good bow in good condition, but I guess I would want to know all about it before hand.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my Patriot was the best hunting bow I ever owned, I miss it a lot.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

i did ask myself these questions.. i looked up info on it and from my research i'm pretty sure i'm gonna like it...i was just wanting to here your guys' opinions and what experience you've guys have had with it... thx aaron
Old 04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

I bought my '05 Patriot brand new from a pro shop in January of this year and couldn't be more pleased. I don't have the long term experience with it as Rick and Dave do of course, but mine is such a joy to shoot I am shooting as much or more than I have in a few years. Although I can't attribute that soley to the bow, its feel and fit matched what I wanted in a bow very well.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

thx keep em comin' ,,, the more i here of ur guys' experiences the more pleased i am, cuzthe new bow isdefinetly an upgrade from what i'm currently using----aaron
Old 04-25-2006, 03:57 PM

i shoot a buddy of mines very nice
Old 04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Let's put it this way, I just bought TWO of them! I got an '04 from my hunting buddy Jerry/NJ and loved it so much I bought an '05 just like it

rick

Old 04-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick,
Welcome to HNI........it's not quite as fast paced over here but a heck of a lot friendlier on average.

The Patriot is a great bow and destined to be one of those "Classic" modern compounds. It's as good a place as any to get your feet wet on Bowtech bows that's for sure. Good luck with it!

Quick Reply: bowtech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.