Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is Bowhunters Warehouse still to be >

Is Bowhunters Warehouse still to be

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is Bowhunters Warehouse still to be

Old 04-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Is Bowhunters Warehouse still to be

Many of you will remember Bowhunters Warehouse in Wellsville Pa. They closed up years ago and anounched recently that they were reopening May 1 of this year. It seems thier website has been sold to Cabela's.

http://bowhunterswarehouse.com/

This is thier site announceing thier re-opening.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/index.html

Does anyone know what's going on with this? Are they still slated to reopen?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Bowhunters Warehouse still to be

THAT DOESNT SURPRISE ME. I THINK years ago THEY BOUGHT OUT GANDER MOUNTAINS CATALOG BUSINESS TOO.[:-]
Old 04-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick,
The way I understand it the original owning family partnered up, then sold out their portion of the business years ago which was promptly driven into the ground by the partners........there was a subsequent fire sale and somewhere along the lines the Hughes family hated to see what had become of a very successful and proud business.

So now they are back and committed to making "Bowhunters" what it was back in the day. They already have something like 15 bow lines signed up and ready to go.
They are scheduled for the May1 opening and Cabela's has nothing to do with the new "Superstore" from what I gather.....the Cabela's link came in back when the business was sinking after the original owners were gone.

I hope that all makes sense?
In any event I'm excited to see the store back because it just so happens to be 10 minutes up the road from me without a single traffic light between here and there! If you know York Co. that's saying something.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, I was aware of all that, I have talked to Matt Hughs via emailseveral timesand was just taken back a bit when that Cabela's link popped up. They will carry BowTech and have a few left handed models in stock, however they will not carry Darton, says Darton must still be mad at them from last time. He was supposed to send me a catalog and a little something else but I never received it and was checking on it when I came across that Cabela's link and when I put the two together I thought something must have transpired. Anyway I sent Matt an email but havn't heard back yet, will keep you posted.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,

I have emailed Mark a couple times about the new opening and just some chit chat. I knew his dad well when he first started the business. It was a shame that one of the largest mail order businesses was run into the ground like it was. I know Fred worked his behind off to make it such as success the first time.

Anyway, I had no idea you were so close to the place. That side of the river definitely needs something like this again. It's a long way to Kinsey's or Lancaster for most people on the west shore.

See ya later.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Got this email from Matttoday at Bowhunterssuperstore, the new name for Bowhunters Warehouse

[blockquote]
----- Catalogs will available June 01st.[/align][/align]However our full catalog can be viewed as of May 02nd[/align]at www.bowhunterssuperstore.com[/align][/blockquote]
Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ask him if they will have Matthews.