Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker >

Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Old 04-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Then they talk about the great "STALK" they made. What a joke! Their "stalk" consists of driving around in a jeep until they spot a herd, then walking full speed upright while talking in a normal voice across an open field. The animals look at them and basically ignore them and go back to eating while these guys set up their shooting sticks. There's 5 guys there (shooter, guide, camera man, and two local tribesman). What a STALK![8D][8D][8D] I don't see how that would even be fun.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like this dude needs to hunt with Cheney for a weekend.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thing that I still don't understand about these freaks is "why do they keep putting this kind of crap on T.V.". I understand that every shot isn't perfect (other than yours David ) but why on edirt the shot out and then tell your lie about what a good shot that it was.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

They keep putting it on tv because some of us are still dumb enough to support their advertisers by watching their show , I quit watching them years ago because of some of the practices I've seen perpetrated and their increasing penchant for shooting frankencritters at some killing zoo instead of real fair chase hunts . Curt Gowdy must be doing around 10,000 RPMs about now .
Old 04-21-2006, 11:42 AM

I watched the same episode, and thought the same thing. The other thing that i have noticed about him in other episodes is the the first thing he seems to be concerned about when he shoots an animal is where it scores. I remember one episode where he kept pressuring a guide who was obviously trying to be gracious and avoid the question, whether his animal was bigger/better scoring, than another that one of bakers friends had shot.

Isn't it still a little important to give respect to the animal after the shot? Or is this just a big contest to him to see who's shot the bigger animal?

Rediculous really.. I really don't like that guy.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

They keep putting it on tv because some of us are still dumb enough to support their advertisers by watching their show , I quit watching them years ago because of some of the practices I've seen perpetrated and their increasing penchant for shooting frankencritters at some killing zoo instead of real fair chase hunts . Curt Gowdy must be doing around 10,000 RPMs about now .
You got that right Kev. [:@]
Old 04-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b
Then they talk about the great "STALK" they made. What a joke! Their "stalk" consists of driving around in a jeep until they spot a herd, then walking full speed upright while talking in a normal voice across an open field. The animals look at them and basically ignore them and go back to eating while these guys set up their shooting sticks. There's 5 guys there (shooter, guide, camera man, and two local tribesman). What a STALK![8D][8D][8D] I don't see how that would even be fun.
Exactly..... [:@] I have seen that guys show and turned it off. He is like an African Safari version of Tred Barta - who I equally can't stand... [:'(]

I have written to OLN many times and never heard anything back, so I assume they ignore me, like most hunters who write in about the "quality" of their shows... (Bullriding, Hockey, Motorcross, etc?!?! - I mean, H-E-L-L-O.... Outdoor Life Network... WTF!!! Where are the good hunting shows?!?) [:@]

Old 04-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

This guy must have just gotten lucky to become rich and famous.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I think he's a lawyer???? BUT,.. I'm not sure.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Spike

His episodes on leopard (or 1 episode repeated and, and) is also of top quality. The cat got lucky cuz all three times i noticed it he still hasn't spotted it yet..[8D]

Quick Reply: Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.