Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Reflective tape for arrow retrieval >

Reflective tape for arrow retrieval

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reflective tape for arrow retrieval

Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 AM

Default Reflective tape for arrow retrieval

I hope I'm putting this in the correct area but I had a question I wanted to ask you guys and gals and get your thoughts and opinions on. If this question has already been asked and addressed please forgive me. I have a type of tape that we use for jug fishing, in the river, called reflective tape. We put this tape on our jugs to be able to locate them, while in the river, with a flashlight when out jug fishing at night. Do ya'll think it would work/help, to find your arrow easier in low light conditions, if you took a piece of this tape and wrapped it around the shaft between the fletching and nock so if you loose one in the dirt or after shooting at an animal? What's ya'lls thoughts/opinions? I'm probably gonna try it out but wanted to get some opinions first. Thanks for your ideas/thoughts. Have a good and blessed day.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Reflective tape for arrow retrieval

Ive seen people use a reflective wrap. I simply crest my arrows with white spray paint and use hot pink vanes. Not on purpose. I needed some vanes and the pro shop had nothing but pink left. It was hunting season so I went ahead and bought them. I usually use white vanes. Turns out, the hot pink was very easy to find in the grass. I think Im going to stick with the pink, that is when I use up this pack of 100.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use white vanes they stick out pretty good the way it is. I find my arrows busted in half laying on the ground, or wedged under the grass. I dont think reflective tape would help me.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 AM

Just fletched up my girlfriend's arrows with the reflective cresting wrap. It's a bit heavier than normal wraps but man do they look sharp and fly well. They really light up when you hit them with a flashlight.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 AM

Sounds like a decent idea, and behind the fletching would probably be the best place for it. If that part of the shaft is buried, you lost the arrow either way.[:@]

Just make sure it's not TOO thick to cause drag and that it won't get unstuck in cold weather, although it probably doesn't get so cold down there where you live does it.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. And no Trembow....it doesnt get very cold down here during the winter. A good cold day down here..normally...would be around 27-28 degrees....and we dont have many days like that.