Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Boycott Wal-Mart >

Boycott Wal-Mart

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boycott Wal-Mart

Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Boycott Wal-Mart

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1333&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060414%2F1417024889.htm&sc=1333&f loc=isp-44&related=off&from=money
Old 04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boycott Wal-Mart

Why should I care if Wal Mart exercises their right to eliminate firearms from some or even all of its stores in preference for some other product? They have the option of selling what they want to. I have the option of buying what I want to. I shop at a lot of stores that sell no firearms or hunting/fishing goods whatsoever. Should I boycot them too? I don't think so. Tell you what, if you don't want to shop at Wal Mart anymore you go ahead and shop somewhere else but as far as I'm concerened leave me out of it. I'll make my own decisions thank you!

btw, doesn't this belong in the political forum?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:25 PM

I cant buy my guns any cheaper than Walmart. I shop there, and will continue to.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have never sold forearms in Canada so it won't bother me.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i ditto what sylvan and greg said!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

'Boycott Walmart' ...That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The reason they are stopping in some stores is because of marketing...THEY JUST DON'T SELL IN SOME LOCATIONS. So it would be absolutely brain dead of them to continue trying to sell firearms when the past has shown they don't sell. So why not try selling something that does sell in place of the firearms. WalMart is no different than you...they want to do what benefits them the most.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:57 PM

I think it's pretty popular to bash Wal-Mart. They've been made the villan by the mainstream for the past couple of years. As far as I'm concerned, Wal-Mart does fine by me. That selected stores are going to discontinue selling guns doesn't bother me in the least. Do you think it will be harder to buy a firearm now that some Wal-Mart stores are out of that business? I don't think so.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with the rest. Why in the heck would I boycot a store because of a "target market" decision? Why in the heck would a wallmart carry deer rifles in center city San Francisco? It sounds more like good business to me. That's like telling them they have to stock nothing but country music in the center of Harlem and if they don't then they must be against country music so we'll boycot them. Now if they stopped carrying guns because they didn't support the 2nd amendment and thought that gun control should be fully supported then it's a different story.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:01 PM

Supply and demand.

If you buy it.........they will sell it.

Stop buying guns and they will stop selling guns.

Stop buying golf balls and they will stop selling them.

I don't see how a store HAS to carry an arsenal of every weapon known to man in each store to get you to shop there.

Outback's pasta sucks...........and Olive Garden has lousy steaks. Should I boycott them both or use my head and go to the one that offers me the best value on what I want?

From what Wal-Mart has done with the FLW tour I would say that outdoorsmen and women should be thankful they put their support into an activity that many big companies won' touch with a 10 foot ugly stick.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

NO

Quick Reply: Boycott Wal-Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.