Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack >

TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack

Old 04-14-2006, 07:38 AM

Default TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060414%2F0908001255.htm&sc=1110&f loc=isp-11&related=off&from=news
Old 04-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack

Thats weird thats the first time i have ever heard a Black Bear attacking. I feel bad for the family aswell.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:30 AM

Grizzly (Brown bear) YES, Black bear...........Unusual
Old 04-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

A black bear killed a baby in NJ a few years ago. Onemaimed a bowhunter in PA a few years ago too. There have been other attacks throughout the years as well, though they are rare. What's funny is how whenever something wild eats or kills someone, the automatic response is they were mistaken for something else (sharks), or in this case, "there must have been something wrong with the bear."
Old 04-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know why everyone is surprised. Black bears are more aggressive than any other bear. When they do attack it's usually to the end. They finish what they start. Anyone know if there is a bear season in Tenn? Doug knows bears.[8D][8D] I agree with Doug. Probably not a thing wrong with this bear. All the suddenly NEW EXPERTS just look for some reason other than, a bear is wild and dangerous dang thing. If he is protected and looses his fear of humans he'll just wade right in..
Old 04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Black bear attacking a human is not common but I'm not surprise. Bears are predators and that is what they do, attacks thier preys. Now, if it was a deer, I'll be very surprise. Animals attacking human isnot commonbut we should expect it coming everytime we are near animals especialy bears. My prayers goes to the families and wish them well.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:49 AM

Actually your chances of getting attacked by a deer is much greater than getting attacked by a black bear. Mostly because there are more of them.

Unfortunately this incident will create unecessary fear toward black bears. The chance of getting attacked by a black bear are so miniscule that it is not even worth thinking about, especially if you educate yourself on them and take sensible precautions. We have a decent population in Michigan and outside of hunting them I have never seen a black bear by chance.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I have only seen the rear of black bears due to them running when they see me. Very strange. EJ
Old 04-14-2006, 12:00 PM

man that sucks! i feel terrible for the family
Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 PM

We wee always told that if, god forbid, a black attacked they were going to attack untill they killed you, flat out while a Griz might just "play" with you a while and leave after making a word of hurt for you. I hope I never get to find out in person but chances of a bear attack in this next of the woods probably ranks up close with a big foot attack.

Quick Reply: TENNESSEE: Black Bear Attack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.