Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech comment

Old 04-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BowTech comment

Well, I hope you guys don't want to lynch me here since this is a post about BowTech, but ..... I shoot a Mathews and have for years.BUT, I will agree that BowTech does make great bows also. I have friends who shoot them and am really impressed with them. I have shot Mathews for years and have never had a problem so that is what I have stuck with. But if Mathews went under, I would say that Bowtech would probabaly be my bow of choice. I have always heard and read how upstanding the owners and the company are as a whole. I think that it is great when we hear of companies doing great things for the military, chidren's groups, schools, churches, underprivaledged people etc. I just hate to sit back and see the brand bashing that goes on in some forums. Especially the one that was mentioned in a previous post. I won't mention the name, but it does rhyme with... Archery Talk. That is why I left the forum and pretty much only come to this one and Eders. But this is definitely the best!! Like I said, it just floors me how some people can get so irate when someone doesbn't like their brand of equipment. Man I have several bowhunting buddies and my dad, and we all shoot different stuff. And believe it or not, it is all good stuff and we are all succesful with it. I just get tired of seeing it.
It is really cool that BowTech's leaders are the way they are and are willing to exhibit the generosity that they do. Just like the way that Mathews does with the Genisis bow and the School Archery program that they back. My cousin is a superindendant a school system here and an avid archer. He implemented the Mathews program at his schools a few years ago and said that Mathews was a dream to work with. They sent shooters to the school for demonstrations instructional classes.
I know that there are many archery companies and hunting gear companies that are very generous in what they do, and I really applaud them for it.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Cavguy

I am a speaker and leadership consultant and have recently had the opportunity to speak at the BowTech University for BowTech's dealers. I speakand consult toMANY organizationsand I will tell you all that BowTech as an organization is a rare thing. They are"servantled" and all of the employees I have met there are devoted to archery and truly wish to build the best bow on the market. All of this starts withthe StrasheimFamily and Dwayne Tiller the General Manager and continues throughout the entire organization.

While I was in Iraq, I saw the direct benefit of BowTechs generosity as they donated THOUSANDS of dollars in archery gear so servicemen and women could set up archery ranges to blow off steam at the end of the day.

I am proud to shoot and hunt with their bow, butI amhappierto call them friends.
Could you please post this over at: http://ncarcheryshack.com/index.php

This is mainly a bowtech forum and I'm sure it would be appreciated there.

Thank You,

Mark
Old 04-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Could you copy this post and paste it to Archerytalk.com ? I have never seen a place where there are more Bowtech Haters. To hear some people over there one literally takes life and limb at risk when shooting a bowtech and customer service don't have a phone number [:@]
Coyotestalker, you missed where he already did this...ya gots to read all the posts.

Don't worry Rob, I did and I wanted to reiterate the feeling. I did not know I had to check with you before I did that.....
WOW, people get punchy in the off season. I thought I'd help you out by letting you know he took care of that....

Note to self: Don't try to assist people, being a mod you get no respect so keep your mouth shut....noted to self. PS, I see another person at the end of this thread asked for it to be posted at AT, I assume he didn't read the whole thread and that it has been posted over at AT but, again, they may take offense to help so again, keep your thoughts to yourself...noted!
Old 04-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

While I was in Iraq, I saw the direct benefit of BowTechs generosity as they donated THOUSANDS of dollars in archery gear so servicemen and women could set up archery ranges to blow off steam at the end of the day.
I just have to say, I just can't image going to war and blowing off steam with thousands of dollars in archery gear to play with. Tis a different kind of war than I'm use to. To blow off steam we hunkered down for a night of mortars or whatever. We didn't have GPS's, cell phones, computers or safe areas really. In two years I got to make ONE(1) MARS call to home. By the time my mother finally figured out she had to say "Over" so the operator could switch the signal... my time was up. Tis a smaller world we live in for sure.[8D]
Old 04-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Could you copy this post and paste it to Archerytalk.com ? I have never seen a place where there are more Bowtech Haters. To hear some people over there one literally takes life and limb at risk when shooting a bowtech and customer service don't have a phone number [:@]
Coyotestalker, you missed where he already did this...ya gots to read all the posts.

Don't worry Rob, I did and I wanted to reiterate the feeling. I did not know I had to check with you before I did that.....
WOW, people get punchy in the off season. I thought I'd help you out by letting you know he took care of that....

Note to self: Don't try to assist people, being a mod you get no respect so keep your mouth shut....noted to self. PS, I see another person at the end of this thread asked for it to be posted at AT, I assume he didn't read the whole thread and that it has been posted over at AT but, again, they may take offense to help so again, keep your thoughts to yourself...noted!
Note to myself- When placing a smiley face after a sarcastic reply, it may not be interpreted the right way by the recipient. Rob, if you can't take a sarcastic reply/joke with a smiley at the end of it, well I guess there is a long way to go then, huh?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:00 AM

Good Post - I too have been overseas with our military and like to see this type generosity.

However there is nothing wrong with having many sides to a discussion.I read the posts on the archery.com forum and thought there was good info on both sides of the issue/potential issue. There will always be some posts that arebiased. Anyone who has some type of an affiliation with a company, whether it is employment or speaking at the companies convention, is bound to have some positive or negative allegiance.

Hopefully we will all continue to speak out for the good of all readers on this forum.