Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question for left handed shooters >

question for left handed shooters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question for left handed shooters

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM

Default question for left handed shooters

Ok well a short story before the question.I am 34 been shooting bows since i was 8. the first 10 years i shot left handed,then i messed up my left arm really bad and could not draw the bow with my left arm,so after about a year of hard core training i started shooting right handed and have been shooting right handed until this year.I lost 65% of my eye sight in my right eye.So anyway i knew i wanted a bowtech and the only bowtech dealer near me was still 50 miles away.so i went, i very large dealer HOYT MATHEWS BOWTECH BROWNING,walls full of bows and everything you could need.just a bow shop no guns.47 bowtechs on the wall,only two left handed and neither what i wanted.so i had them order one for me,came in super fast.I guess its my fault because i never looked,but the shop was so big i did not think it would be a problem,but they called me told me the bow was in,drove the 50 miles again with the plan of buying a new rest sight the whole works and getting the bow set up while i was there so i would not have to make the drive again.While waiting for the owner i started looking at sights and stuff,over 100 sights and only 4 where left handed and maybe 30 rests and 1 left handed.IS THIS JUST IN MY AREA OR DO ALL YOU LEFTYS HAVE THIS PROBLEM.i have 3 really good bow shops with in 25 miles and none of them carry much at all for leftys.My brother is left handed and his rest broke last year on opening day and he had to get a cheap "JUNK" rest at Walmart to get him thru till he could get one ordered

Just wondering how big of a problem this is with the rest of you?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM

Default RE: question for left handed shooters

I have found left handed items hard to find also. I changed from a right handed bow to a lefty last summer. I bought a package deal from Gander Mountian. Works real well. Just no deer close enough to shoot. I'm still looking to upgrade some of the componets but I not underany pressureto get it done.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think this is pretty true no matter where you go. It really bugs me. You know nearly 20% of the population is left handed but with regard to stocking left handed items in stores you'd think they figured it was less than 5%. Find a shop where the owner is a lefty and I bet it will be different!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

yea this is very true ive been left handed all my life left handed bows cost more usally then you cant find junk for them inless possibly online its like that with guns to left handed bolt action your looking at like 100 dollars more and then even out of hunting with baseball gloves there usally like 20 bucks more i hate it lol
Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

I believe some of the sights are lefty or righty adaptable.I believe my impact archery cosmic sight is.I shoot lefty also.You are correct about findy lefty things though.It's kinda like the story of my life I can hardly find anything I'm looking for my shoes,I have to special order most of the time.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 AM

Ihave the same problem mudd dawg they just dont make it easy for us leftys,its truesome sights arefor left handed and rightys all bow shops around me you would have to order your bow, i ended up going threw hunters friend for my set up last year, and couldnt be more happy with their service
Old 04-11-2006, 06:21 PM

I'm a lefty too! you guys are rite they think of us as apain in the @ss sometimes, and you have to be able to take things appart and put them backtogether backwards!! oh have you seen the prices of left handed arrows lately....
Old 04-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, it sucks being left handed unless you can throw a baseball 90 mph and get somewhere close to the strike zone
Old 04-14-2006, 10:00 AM

I am right handed but left eye dominant so I have always shot rifles and bows left handed. I actually just picked up a new Trykon about two weeks ago. I called around before going out to get one. Luckily my local shop had stocked a few left handed trykons and switchbacks so I got to shoot and test both. As for rests and sights, a lot of them are compatable for both righty and lefty bows. Anyway I guess I am lucky to have a dealer that stocks lefty stuff.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with all the lefty stuff... I am not a true lefty, butmore of a freakazoid... I'm both lefty and righty.

LEFTY: Shooting, archery,throwing a baseball, handwriting, eating, playing drums, etc....

RIGHTY: Swinging baseball bat, tennis, throwing a football, golf, playing guitar,etc....

But I too have noticed a serious lack of left handed equipment in sporting goods stores. Some equipment manufacturers charge more for a left handed version too - which should be counted as discrimination! [:'(]

Quick Reply: question for left handed shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.