Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite Archery

Old 04-05-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Elite Archery

Anyone have any info on these guys yet??

http://www.elitearchery.com/index.html

It's the Martin/Bowtech hook up and as far as I know their is a lawsuit of some kind pending but they say that the bows will be shipped as planned.

Look like some pretty sweet specs on these bows. Seems like he brought some of that speed producing know how along with him.

Pretty steep prices for start up company if you ask me........most interesting of all to me is they say they will fit any major bow with cams of their own that will crank up the speeds of that bow. How does this affect warranties and liability if the limbs crack or something else happens? Accessories don't invalidate a warranty but I don't know if cams would be considered an accessory.

E-FORCE:

32" ATA
7 1/2" BH
3.9 mass weight
324-332 IBO
$ 629.00 MSRP

E-500

34" ATA
7 1/16 BH
3.9 mass weight
330-338 IBO
$ 629.00

ICE:

31 1/2" ATA
7 1/8 BH
3.3 mass weight ( IBO 60/27" draw )
304-312 IBO
$ 529.00 MSRP

ENERGY:

36 ATA
8" BH
4.0 mass weight
314-322 IBO
$ 489.00 MSRP

After Market High Performance Modular Cams For:

Mattews: Cams and Mods $ 75.00
Hoyt: Mods for Cam 1/2 system $ 20.00
BowTech: Cams and Mods $ 75.00

Elite Archery's After Market High Performance Modular Cams will give you an increase of 5 to 15 foot per second in performance. Modular adjustments in half inch increments. Elite Cams come with sealed ball bearings, adjustable let-off, all the while keeping your current limbs and strings-cables.

Elite Archery After Market High Performance Modular Cams will be available mid December.
Elite's Compound Bow's will have a tenative ship date of January 30th 2006.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Default RE: Elite Archery

I think if the bows can perform as well as they arehyped,I would feel they are accurately priced compared to the prices the Big 3 are putting on their top of the line bows.

New company or not, if their product can walk the walk, then the bill folds will open up. Of course, we still have to see how those bows walk. $629.00 for a performing bow isn't bad if you look at other bows of the same quality. Would $630 be a bad price for a top of theline BowTech, Hoyt, or Mathews? I'm definately not saying Elite will match the quality of these bows, but if they do, that price is pretty reasonable.

Even still, you probably won't be seeing me run out to buy one.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Bols

I think if the bows can perform as well as they arehyped,I would feel they are accurately priced compared to the prices the Big 3 are putting on their top of the line bows.

New company or not, if their product can walk the walk, then the bill folds will open up. Of course, we still have to see how those bows walk. $629.00 for a performing bow isn't bad if you look at other bows of the same quality. Would $630 be a bad price for a top of theline BowTech, Hoyt, or Mathews? I'm definately not saying Elite will match the quality of these bows, but if they do, that price is pretty reasonable.

Even still, you probably won't be seeing me run out to buy one.
The only way people will know how well they perform is to buy them......I mean it's not like you can depend on magazine reviews or anything like that because we all know how un biased those are.

I would think that entering the market with a low price would make people more willing to take a chance and then if they live up to the hype you have a bunch of people hooked on your product already and they won't mind if the price settles in once they know the quality is good. Pretty much a drug dealer analogy for lack of a better one.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as warranty work goesone mightjust keepthe factory stuff on the shelf and reinstall if something should go amiss, kind of like removing the programmer off your truck before taking it in for dealer service.

BTW, I don't plan on doing either myself.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Bol's and Dave C ,I'm sure that you couldn't expect a brand name company to except accessories from an unknown company as part of their warranty ,since they're foreign to the archery world ,it would definately be an escape route for the brand involved .
I don't know how this company will pan out ,but from what I've read so far ,it doesn't look like they're off on the right foot .I'm sure there's some funding from an outside source ,and they just might not want to get themselve's involved in this war.
I think it's great to have another new bow on the shelve's ,with spec's that they've shown ,but I for one will not be running out and buying one till they prove this product is worthy .
I wish them luck ,because at this stage ,I think they're going to need it .

nubo
Old 04-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

elite was started by the former designer from Bowtech, some sort of falling out, he then married the original "martin girl" (the blonde in the magazines).

Old 04-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My local shop has some andthe owner(a great shot) is shooting one and love it. His billing comes on a Martin invoice - I think they are funded ok.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the main difference(IMO) I am thinking about buying one, I am LH and hard to fine one I can shoot.

Same cams as Bowtech(Binary)
Winners Choice String
laminated Limbs(Here is the big differncence)
100-150 bucks cheaper then bowtech

So you get same design, same cams as Bowtech, but better srting and better limbs for less money.

I will wait until I shoot one, but I do want to shoot one.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: ghemry

Here is the main difference(IMO) I am thinking about buying one, I am LH and hard to fine one I can shoot.

Same cams as Bowtech(Binary)
Winners Choice String
laminated Limbs(Here is the big differncence)
100-150 bucjks cheaper then bowtech

So you get same design, same cams as Bowtech, but better srting and better limbs for less money.

I will wait until I shoot one, but I do want to shoot one.

Your local Bowtech prices are $729-$779?? Holy crap []

Please let us know how it shoots if you get the chance.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is interesting. I guess I was under the impression that he was working for Martin. I didn't know he started elite. The whole deal with switching out cams though has me worried. I mean, I'm not saying it won't work, but it just sounds like it would void your warranties, and what if something were to go wrong? If it did, you're losing your entire bow in some cases. I don't think $75 is worth risking the bow for IMO. BUT if they've got it down and everything is working alright, it may be a good deal. Hmmm...this is all very interesting to me. I'll keep watching this thread, this is good infor for me, stuff I didn't know.

Quick Reply: Elite Archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.