Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best state to turkey hunt? >

Best state to turkey hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best state to turkey hunt?

Old 04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Best state to turkey hunt?

I was just wondering what state has the best turkey hunting. After today, I think I would have to nominate New Haven Ct. or at least the suburbs. I've been doing ride alongs all day an have seen a ton of turkey's everywhere. I have to believe their as bad as the deer are in the Md. suburbs.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best state to turkey hunt?

i think just about everywhere has tons of turkeys anymore.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's to the N.W.T.F. Turkey's are growing in record numbers in just about every eastern & midwestern state.
So what ever state your hunting in you should do real good on bagging your bird.
Good luck & be safe out there.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:54 PM

I think ID is the only one you can bag any of three subspecies in: Eastern, Merriam's, or Rio.

Unfortunately AK is out of the running but we make up for it in other ways.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:07 PM

Yup, thanks to you guys, us folks in Ontario Canada enjoy excellent turkey hunting. Lotsa birds here and the population is still growing.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM

i would have to say sc for one i live here plus we can harvest 5 birds a season our season opens march 15 th and april 1st till may 1st .we have tons of birds here .
Old 04-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say it is probably great in all 49 and Canada where they hunt turkeys. Way I look at it, and maybe because it is from being gone so much and missing, but any day and any state or provinence you can hunt in, that is a good day and a good state/provience to hunt! [8D]
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ONbuckhunter, are you still see the flocks in the fields---seems within the last 2-3 weeks the birds have thinned out a bit--think they're already onto knowing the opening date for the season is April 25th .
Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 PM

Im still seeing the odd flocks in the fields. Their in smallerharems now though. I'll be doing some scouting this next couple of weeks.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: scmtnhnter

i would have to say sc for one i live here plus we can harvest 5 birds a season our season opens march 15 th and april 1st till may 1st .we have tons of birds here .
Yep, killed my first mature gobbler in Francis Marion NF. The snakes sure did put an interesting twist on turkey hunting!

Quick Reply: Best state to turkey hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.