HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   a pic of my spike sika shot this past year with crossbow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/138809-pic-my-spike-sika-shot-past-year-crossbow.html)

geterdun 04-05-2006 05:40 PM

a pic of my spike sika shot this past year with crossbow

i hope the pic comes out right. This little guy was shot about 7:30am in Cambridge, MD. These sika deer are extremely wary and usually harder to kill than a whitetail. They are actually very small and almost black. I know most people havent seen one, so i thought i would let you guys see. I shot him right through the heart....my broadhead left a perfect X mark on his heart, it wa an amazing site. it was a perfect broadhead outline right through his heart. This is my third deer and my first sika, and my first deer with an arrow. Hope ya enjoy

KickerPoint79 04-05-2006 05:51 PM

RE: a pic of my spike sika shot this past year with crossbow

Good shootin. I killed a spike sika in central texas about six years ago.
It looked alot like that one. Its still the only exotic I have gotten with a bow.
Thanks for sharing.

geterdun 04-05-2006 05:56 PM

yea they are fun animals to hunt. i like them because they actually bugle like an elk, thats all they are basically, miniature elks. yea i thought you guys would like them, if any one has any pics of any other pics if sikas, please post them. thanks

nutz4bucks 04-05-2006 06:17 PM

Great job!!!

newman1 04-05-2006 06:49 PM

That is awesome...Nice shot!!!!!

PA Bow/Flinter 04-05-2006 07:02 PM

Awesome Job! Congrats!

Shootstuff4570 04-05-2006 07:03 PM

very nice! amazing shot too!!!! i didnt know they were that small holy crap.

PastorHunter 04-05-2006 08:20 PM

Man, that thing is so small, you could almost throw it in your backpack and keep going.
Is that your normal hunting vehicle? Looks like a nice car. What if you had shot a big boy, where would you have put it?
Though I have done it a time or two, my wife really frowns on deer in the back of our SUV, but I don't see a wedding ring on your hand.
I didn't know that Sika lived in MD. I know that TX has lots of exotics running around.
Anyway, nice shootin.

turtleshell 04-06-2006 06:14 AM

That is a classic photo, definitely belongs in the redneck scrapbook.:D Having that thing in the trunk had to be messy.[:'(] Not bashing you or anything I just got a kick out of it. Congrats!

nubo 04-06-2006 06:21 AM

That's awsome ,but it almost look's like you shot the family pet ,just kidding

nubo