Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please help before i explode! >

Please help before i explode!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please help before i explode!

Old 03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Please help before i explode!

Well today i got out and was shooting my bow b/c tommorrow i'm going hog hunting and turkey huntin. Well for some reason my bow is shooting way left. I adjusted my sights and they wont go far left enough for me to shoot straight. What do I do?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please help before i explode!

Take it to a pro shop and have them check the bow out. If everything appears to be ok, then have them watch you shoot. Maybe you're tweaking something, somehow. It's amazing what someone else can see when watching you shoot that you wouldn't notice yourself. Also, did you bump your rest or sight? What about your peep? Has it slid up or down? There are so many things that could go wrong... that is why I suggest to go to a pro shop.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:45 PM

Sounds to me like your bow is WAY out of tune. I know it's late, but head to the shop for some paper tuning. I would bet a nickle you need to move your rest to the right.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mean to flame you but I hafta ask, when was the last time you shot it and how was it shooting then? To me there is no reason to get your bow out the day before a hunt to start practicing. I know 'stuff' happens, but I'm pretty sure I can take my bow out of the case and be good out to 30 yards at least cold. If I did get my bow out and took some shots that were way off, unless Igot it figured out and fixed,I wouldnt hunt with it.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah look at your rest alighnmentbefore you take it to the pro shop you may be wasting some high priced gas if you go when u can fix it yourself
Old 03-31-2006, 06:06 PM

Not to ask the obvious but what has changed since the last time you shot? Putting on a heavier jacket makes a right hand shooter shoot left. As does putting a glove on your release hand. If you can't correct it with your sight then it's probably in your form and not the rest.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I think i figured out the problem. I'm using thunderheads and no matter what i do my arrow flies to the right. It has never done this before and i shoot atleast once every two days. I went out and but some spitfires and they are great.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you found the problem. Sorry about my last post, im just used to guys at work breaking the bow out 2 days before the season. Good luck on your hunt!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Patriot15

I think i figured out the problem. I'm using thunderheads and no matter what i do my arrow flies to the right. It has never done this before and i shoot atleast once every two days. I went out and but some spitfires and they are great.
Actually you didn't fix the problem. Thunderheads are a good fixed head and out of a well tuned bow with matched tuned arrows they will fly perfect.....all you did by switching to a mechanical head is mask a out of tune problem and you will never get the efficiency out of your bow that you should. Spitfires in this case was a pacifier for your fast hunt but I hope you take the time to tune your bow prior to next season.

In one sentence you said the bow was shooting way left and you couldn't move your sight left enough, the next post you said all the Thunderheads shot way right.....

You bow is definatley out of tune regardless and measures should be taken to correct it regardless of broadhead choice. This will ensure your arrow flight is straight and impacting the target straight getting the most out of your arrows for penentration....

Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Rob nailed it. I use mechs a LOT -- but I shoot bullet holes through paper before screwing them on too.

Quick Reply: Please help before i explode!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.