Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pics from last fall... (pics updated) >

Pics from last fall... (pics updated)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics from last fall... (pics updated)

Old 03-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pics from last fall... (pics updated)

I haven't posted here in a while. There just doesn't seem to be enough time, as I spend ALL of my free time getting trees ready for the upcoming fall AND with my first child just justaround the corner ( little two beards ) I often find myself coming and going.

I thought I'd share a few pics from last fall as I took several hundred pics while on stand. Though I didn't get the buck I was after I had one of my most memorable years ever. Knowing it was our first year hunting and learninghow the deer move onthis farm, the number of P&Y bucks we passed on and the fact that I've done my 'homework' this past winter...I'm pretty excited about this upcoming fall.

I hunted a lot with a decoy this past fall. It was intersting watching the various reactions from different bucks. Usually,they would slide in downwind of the decoy and offer a shot (like this small buck pictured below)....however, occasionally they would not get any closer than 30-50 yds and walk along the perimeter of 'bow range'...something I've experienced with turkeys in the spring. Twice I had the mature8 pointer I was after see my decoy, but each time he was tending a doe and would NOT leave her. He held up at 50-70 yards each time.

Here, a young buck sees my decoy from across the field. He takes his time
coming, however, I knew he had committed when he slowly started around
the edge of the picked bean field...

You can see how definsive this young buck is as he is checking out my decoy 10 yds away. Most of the time the hair on each buck's back would
"stand up" as they approached my decoy.

...this is the same buck a few seconds later, taking off after being
spooked for no particular reason. They are definitely wired when they
come in to check things out.

Here was one of the times a buck came to my rattling, but would only
come so far, hanging up at about 40-50 yds. I switched my decoy to a doe, after realizing there was a hot doe in the area the area.

November 10 - I had this young buck around my stands numerous times this past fall...he covered a lot of ground.

I enjoyed watching this buck...he definitely had someattitude!

On the 19th of November I had a hot doe in the area with multiple bucks pursuing her. I got pics of several great bucks, but not the buck I had on my 'wish list'. Though he didn't present a shot, I couldn't risk having my camera in my hand instead of my BowTech

November 19
...150 9 pt

150 8 pt

...and another buck on the 19th. It's amazing how buck sightings go up when there's a 'hot' doe around. This was a awesome 8 pt (below), I figured he would go 160+. Had him coming into my doe decoy when, for
no reason, he turned and went into the brush and started thrashing
a cedar tree. I'd had a 30 yd shot I'd passed on...waiting for a "chip
shot"...it never happened. I was sick for days...

On the 5th of November this nice 2 1/2 year old (below pics)came into my rattling and put on quite a show. He posturedaround my decoy, snort-wheezed and let it be known that 'ol deke' was not welcome in the area. He came in so fast, and was so close, that I could not get my camera out until he decided to leave. He then made the fatal mistake of walking under the stand of my brother...who is not so selective. I didn't like the idea of having a young buck I justpassed getting shot 20 minutes later, but this particular brother doesn't have much time and was truly on cloud 9.

Here heis working a scrape after moving away from my stand.

...as most bucks do, notice how much bigger he looks when viewed from behind (above).

On the 13th my other brother shot this bruiser (below pic)in the late-afternoon as he was scent-checking trails running from a bedding area into a picked bean field. The pic doesn't do him justice. The right side of his rack is 80"+, the G2 & G3 are 15'' & 14'', there was a infected wound on the upper left portion of his neck - probably self-inflictedfromhis unusual droptine while fighting with another buck...awesome buck.

When we were loading him into the pickup the following morning, the big
8 pointer, that I wanted so bad, was standing with another hot doe about 90 yds away...just watching us[&:]. Luckily, I did have one of my video cameras to film him briefly.

To end with, a few days later,I took this sunrise picture from the stand my brother shot the above buck from...

I apologize for the size of my post...thought some of you would enjoy seeing a few of the pics. If you're not taking your camera with you, you're missing some great memories!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:34 PM

Default RE: Pics from last fall...

none of the pics work
Old 03-31-2006, 02:03 PM

Good to see you again Two Beards!! you should come around more often!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Is anyone seeing the pics? I posted them from a different source than usual.
I can see them OK.....strange?

I can't edit the pics right now as I don't have access to them from
the othersource (I'm at work). Fix things later if needed...

TB

Double Creek,
Good to hear from you, too! I domiss hanging out here, with access
here at work maybe I can get a few more posts in
Old 03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

sounds exciting! can't wait to see the pics...get them working
Old 03-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see them either.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:58 PM

You can see them all by right clicking them and clicking view image or show picture.

Great looking pics looks like you had a great season.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM

. Delete
Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM

I can see them perfect! Great photos!
Old 04-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics. Looks likeyou had another fun season.Man, seeing that stuff gets me all fired up again!

Quick Reply: Pics from last fall... (pics updated)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.