Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Old Stone Fence Out of Business?? >

Old Stone Fence Out of Business??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old Stone Fence Out of Business??

Old 03-27-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Old Stone Fence Out of Business??

That is the word around western NY. His website has been down for awhile and I know some guys who were told he was shutting the doors after he runs through his hog hunts booked for this year.

Anyone have any info on this please share as I know some people who are kinda nervous about deposits that are already paid.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:02 AM

Default RE: Old Stone Fence Out of Business??

Anyone?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Never heard of him/it/them before so I guess I won't miss them. Is it a Stone Fence or a Wire Fence?[8D][8D]
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I checked, I see it's a "Hunting Preserve" so I won't miss it. They had some CWD in Central NY this year in a couple captive herds. DO you suppose that theDEC of NY has come down hard on these places. The NYDEC can be quite intimidating when it comes to any potential threats to the environment or the ecology. They just don't fool around. Maybe the guy just got old and retired.[8D][8D] I can relate to that.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Fobaremay have shut his doors.... may have decided to go back to dairy farming...
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen threads on this website representing "The old stoned fence" asTHE quintessential representative of CANNED hunting. Is that true???????
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I know nothing about it.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:02 PM

As I understand it.........it is a fenced shooting ranch. If you pay to kill something there you are gonna kill it one way or the other. I have heard canned hunts as a description of them before but have never been there myself.

Just wondering because I know some guys that have deposits in there to whack a couple of hogs and nerves are getting frayed.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Old Stone Fence has shut its doors effective several months ago. I don't know the specifics but it had something to do with changing laws or policies in NY regarding hunting preserves.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Dominant Buck

That makes sense Justin. The minute they found that first case of CWD they shut the area down. THey won't let anything in or out of the containment area. They checked every deer they could get their hands on. It makes sense they'd try to eliminate or make it hard for the typical source of such problems.

Quick Reply: Old Stone Fence Out of Business??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.