Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What broadhead do you use on Turkey? >

What broadhead do you use on Turkey?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What broadhead do you use on Turkey?

Old 03-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default What broadhead do you use on Turkey?

Ive alway used the broadheads I use on deer and hog. Do any of you use anything different. Id like to try something new for turkey. Anyting but the guillotine heads. I have a friend who said they fly like crap.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Default RE: What broadhead do you use on Turkey?

I shoot vortex heads for turkeys only. The 100 grain 2 1/2 inch cut heads fly real good and leave a huge hole.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was in our local shop this afternoon and watched the owner suggest some of NAP's Gobbler Getters to a customer. I got involved in the conversation and was looking over his suggestion; they looked good!

I've had real good luck with Rocket Miniblasters and Sidewinders, and dropped one in its tracks last year with a Spitfire.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be shooting Rocket Steelheads out of my Allegiance. They will be on the front of some 75/95 pro hunters...........exactly my same setup for deer.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:55 PM

I'll be using the gobbler guillotine. Also the magnus stingers.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:58 PM

Usually, you want a nice cutting broadhead that will bleed out the bird, damage the reaction mechanics of the bird, and not damage too much of the meat. Most broadheads now can be used within reason, depending on their cutting diameter, functionality, and arrowdynamics. I personally switched to ABC Sonics. love them, and are now my pig broadheads of choice too.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Rocket Hammerheads
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

I don't hunt turkeys, but saw the show on the guillotine. That thing is wicked. @ 4" wide IMO I don't think it would fly to well either. It seemed that most ofthe turkeyswere pretty close when they were shot. There was a couple longer shots too! Thats whats nice about video...you can edit what you want!

But when they hit there mark....They chose the right name!!

And no wated meat!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I was in our local shop this afternoon and watched the owner suggest some of NAP's Gobbler Getters to a customer. I got involved in the conversation and was looking over his suggestion; they looked good!

I've had real good luck with Rocket Miniblasters and Sidewinders, and dropped one in its tracks last year with a Spitfire.
Greg, I'd recommend staying away from the Gobbler Getters. I had a local shop owner I respect put these through the works and they might and I found it hard to believe bounce off a bird compared to a Spitfire....stick with the pointed broadheads like the Spitfire....it was an interesting research he did, I wish I could explain it....stick with broadheads made for big game.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM

The first one from left to right was kill by a guillotine 125gr and it was the first time
(perfect shot right at the neck)I use them the other 2 were kill by muzzy's.

Quick Reply: What broadhead do you use on Turkey?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.