HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who would you want to bowhunt with? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/137675-who-would-you-want-bowhunt.html)

shed33 03-25-2006 10:31 PM

Who would you want to bowhunt with?

With all the guys/gals that visit here and post here, who would you like to go bowhunting with and for what critter?

mobow 03-25-2006 10:37 PM

RE: Who would you want to bowhunt with?

Pat Ely for them big ole Missouri Easterns! Of course, there are actually several other people here I would enjoy hunting with.

shed33 03-25-2006 10:41 PM

Mo,

Great choice, I have had the pleasure to hunt for turkeys and elk with Pat, he is a class act all the way, and one heck of a turkey caller! You would have a great time.

gregorybraswell 03-25-2006 11:16 PM

that would have to be whitetail deer with my son. i have been deployed for the last year and would love to be there when he arrows his first deer. nothing else would even compare.

121553 03-26-2006 12:27 AM

There's a guy in Idaho that I would like to hunt some 170 class whitetails with and maybe a bull. ;)Elknut and Idahoelkinsructor are also tops in my book, but I wouldn't tell them that though.:D
There also some serious homeboys here in montana that I'd like to hook up with and hunt some more elk down in the breaks.
As you can tell, I'm just a huntin whore. ;)

Bobby

JLmoore1956 03-26-2006 01:30 AM

HMMMM, good question, and it would be turkey, but not sure who I would go with........ probably just about everybody I would take with me that bow hunts! :D;)[8D]

TJF 03-26-2006 01:33 AM

If I had a lot of money so I could take a fall off from workand the wife wouldn't divorce me... I would go a big hunting road trip.

Start off by heading to Idaho hunt bulls/whitetails with shed33.

Come back and hunt whitetails with my son here.

Head down to Iowa in Oct to hunt and give Antler Eater a bad time.

Take off from Iowa and head to Kansa to hunt whitetails with MOTOWNHONKY.

Shoot up to Penn to hunt whitetailswith BPBowhunter.

Then it's north to Ontario to hunt whitetails with extreme1.

Then go home and try to save my marraige so I am not paying for my Lawyer andher new boy friend to go on a hunting road trip the next fall!! :D :D

Tim

cardeer 03-26-2006 02:26 AM

I'm basically a lone hunter ,but have hunted with Rickmur and Mudfish in S.Carolina

Rickmur 03-26-2006 04:15 AM

Everyone:D. Can you imagine the oportunitysand friendshipsthat would bring;).

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-26-2006 06:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Everyone:D. Can you imagine the oportunitysand friendshipsthat would bring;).
I concur, there are some real class acts on here that I would be proud to hunt with or have in my camp. Thus far, Matt/PA and I have hunted together a couple times at my places and he took a monster doe.

Anyone have me. ;)

fatsbucknut 03-26-2006 06:55 AM

I would have to say either Matt/PA or Rob/PA Bowyer because they're both PA boys and i really respect their opinions. It would definitly be a hunt for the elusive whitetail.

Rhody Hunter 03-26-2006 07:06 AM

If it where possible it would be with fred bear whitetail hunting

squirrelkilla23 03-26-2006 07:10 AM

i'd hunt with rob

davidmil 03-26-2006 07:21 AM

I would have to say either Matt/PA or Rob/PA Bowyer
Hmmmm.... not a bad idea. While you're at it maybe I can add a couple other moderators names.

OK...OK... seriously.... it's always been my desire to get a bunch of people together from the board, the more the merrier. Find a huge chunk of land, all meet up for several daysof hunting, exploring and plain old grabazzzzzzz.(Don't worry girls....not that kind of grabbing...you're safe) You know, some place like Land of the Lakes in Kentucky or some such place. Of course there are some favorites but I don't want to leave anyone out. Ya'll are invited. It couldn't be anything but fun. If I hit the Lotto I'll send ya'll a plane ticket and license.

Cougar Mag 03-26-2006 08:13 AM

Tough question because there are so many good members. Greg/Mo would be one, he's not too awful far away. Many of the Illinois boys on here too. Rob ,Matt, and Frank from Pa. would truly be a priviledge to hunt with. Shed33 is just too far away and most likely would walk my flatland legs off.

neb 03-26-2006 08:14 AM

TJF I love that reply pretty funny but maybe not so funny.

Kanga 03-26-2006 09:13 AM

Any one and every one is welcome in my camp.

With the exception of Gibby why you might ask well he like to show off his long range shooting with his slider site then forgets to put it back and shoots over the top of the deer

Just kidding John you know you are more than welcome in my camp;)

Rob.

Why dont ya make some plans and come to Colorado this fall with Chuck ( Mr ASAT ) and me, I tell ya its gonna be one week of pure hunting and a lot of BS in camp at night so bring ya waders:);):D

gibblet 03-26-2006 09:23 AM

if i hunted with foreigners i may even consider it russ ;)

Shootstuff4570 03-26-2006 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

I would have to say either Matt/PA or Rob/PA Bowyer because they're both PA boys and i really respect their opinions. It would definitly be a hunt for the elusive whitetail.
they both have my vote too.

mexhuntr 03-26-2006 11:33 AM

With everyone here It would be a pleasure to have new hunting friends and would be awesome to hunt on those great spots you all have and those great States of the U.S., and this is for all:
Youare wellcome to Mexico when you want to come!

Oneshot7 03-26-2006 11:51 AM

motown probably the most and i wouldnt mind takin a trip with rob cuz he seems to know what he is doin ;)

oh and gibblet to steal a pair of his strings

Greg / MO 03-26-2006 12:43 PM

Anyone have me. ;)
You were on my mind even before I read that... especially since we've already got Matt/PA's trip put together for this year.

Boy, as I'm sitting inthe Orlandoairport right now andnot prone to not concentrating real well, I'm afraid I might forget someone... but Antler Eater and Cougar Mag would definitely be way up top on my list as well.

MOTOWNHONKEY 03-26-2006 01:53 PM

I think I could learn something from just about anyone on here. Shed seems to know his stuff pretty good, TJF and Teejay seem like pretty cool guys. Old vetrans like David Mill and Cardeer could surely show me a couple of tricks. It would be a privledge to hunt with any of ya and for those who mentioned me we can surley make it happen.

Okie48 03-26-2006 03:22 PM

Angelean Joline comes to mind. I like to bow hunt by my self. Its my time with god and the peace and quiet of the deer woods

loverboy9_1_1 03-26-2006 03:52 PM

I would of loved to hunt with Fred Bear!

JoshKeller 03-26-2006 04:14 PM

Angelean Joline comes to mind.
If Angelina Jolie is a member of this board, I need to send her a PM ASAP! :D

Hey shed, I'll just come hunt up there next year.. I'll take a 150 class minimum please ;)

Okie48 03-26-2006 04:27 PM

Oh yeah Angelean shoots a bow.And she a member! Her handle is juicey lips 36-24-36. Didnt you see the movie Troy. An arrow is the only thing that can kill Brad

Elkcrazy8 03-26-2006 05:27 PM

I would love to have hunted with Ishi.

MNfowlplay 03-26-2006 05:31 PM

Fred Bear--Grizzly hunt

GregH 03-26-2006 05:40 PM

I would like to hunt with Bill Winke, Jim Hill, Stan Potts,Dan,Btbowhunter (Bob) and Illrayphillips. All whitetail hunting.

Hikchick 03-26-2006 06:08 PM

There are so many that I want to hunt with... but at the top of the list it would be this...

elknut1 - of course for elk!
Huntngirl - anything to hunt would be cool here
Sunset -Whitetails
Judyboi - javalina
Elkcrazy8 - ELK!
Robinhood36 - see above!
Davidmil - Whitetails
And anyone who would take me TURKEY hunting would be GREAT!!! LOL :)

rybohunter 03-27-2006 08:54 AM

Well I seem to be one of the luckiest guys here because I am getting to hunt with a few guys who are mentioned a lot. This fall I will have the pleasure of sharing elk camp with Shed33,Pat Elyand BOW HNT. It's going to be a great time.

There are so many folks I wouldn't mind stepping into the woods with. Any of the PA guys would be great. Quicksilver and I plan to chase some birds this spring.
Davidmil would be fun, he seems to have a blast while putting deer after deer on the ground.
Lots more I can't even think of off hand.

Rick James 03-27-2006 09:38 AM

Well I hope to get to hunt with Rob this spring on my property in PA for birds....once he gets a peek at the property I am sure he will want to come archery hunt it as well this fall ;). We have some monstersdown there for PA....the neighbor has killed 3 different bucks in the 130"+ class in the last 4 years less than a couple hundred yards from our property line. Ijust finished my first season on this property so we are still figuring it all out, butit looks to be promising with over 500 acres all under QDM and less than 5 guys on about 800 acres between us and the neighbors....none of which bowhunt except for us.

I would also love to hunt with any of the other PA boys or other regulars on this site.......consider this your formal invitation to come hunt my little piece of paradise up in Bradford County. I would love to have any of you come up for a few hunts, we have plenty of room. I have an uninhabited 8 bedroom family mansion at my disposal that is fully furnished and used for nothing other than putting up my hunting guests as well.........so you guys have a place to stay.....:). Jaws will be hunting it a good bit with me this year....he has been kind enough to allow me to hunt his property up in NY and we saw some real good ones last season including a 90-100" class 8 point that I passed the first day of my week off in November......I should have shot that one. [:'(]

I would also love to hunt with any of the midwestern boys like Greg and Buckeye.....lol. You guys have some real hammers out there and I would love a chance to hunt property someday that has a large population of P&Y bucks. We have them in PA, you just have to hunt harder to find them there.

quiksilver 03-27-2006 10:14 AM

Rybo - I'm looking forward to this spring turkey hunt - I've been turkey scouting/shedhunting 3 weekends in a row, so I've got some places in mind ;). Our bowhunting team (Rybo, Shed33, BOW HNT, Hoosierhunter, buttonbuckmaster, IL Rancher, BigDaddy, SumHunter, AR)is a really good group, and I wouldn't mind getting together with any/all of those guysin the future for some hunting/fishing or even just to visit and shoot the bull. We might have to work on an official TEAMXX hunting trip sometime in the near future.

There are a few other guys from the Northeast who I'll probably wind up going outto hunt with sometime: jhalfhill, Mossy33Oak,and bearklr - jh is on my turkey hunting team, so I'm sure we'll make it out at least once this year. Buckeyebuckhntr seems to be the go-to guy for trophy Ohio whitetails, so I'd take a lesson if I had the chance, and I hear Pat Ely's a pretty good springturkey hunter, so add him to the list as well...

There are plenty of goodguys on here who I'd definitely enjoy hunting with, and plenty more that I don't know all that well.... but once upon a time, there was enough time.

TeeJay 03-27-2006 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I think I could learn something from just about anyone on here. Shed seems to know his stuff pretty good, TJF and Teejay seem like pretty cool guys. Old vetrans like David Mill and Cardeer could surely show me a couple of tricks. It would be a privledge to hunt with any of ya and for those who mentioned me we can surley make it happen.
Good deal, lets make something happen. Been thinking pretty hard about your offer anyway. My door is always open also.

PABowhntr 03-27-2006 12:17 PM

Hmmmm.... not a bad idea. While you're at it maybe I can add a couple other moderators names.
How about me David? :D

There are plenty of folks on here that I would love to hunt with. You guys are a hoot. I always love waiting for the summer and seeing all of the deercam pics and then the great hunting stories and pictures that arrive each fall. Great, now I am at work and the juices are startin' to flow just thinking about it. :)

-DeerSlayer- 03-27-2006 01:17 PM

I wouldnt mind hunting with anyone, you all share knowledgs that is special in its own way, Turkey hunting is something I would most enjoy sharing a camp with some of you though.

joe832002 03-27-2006 02:11 PM

i would love to beable to hunt with my dad agian. havent hunted with hit in over 7 years. he has some bad medical stuff that he cant hunt anymore. i would love for him to be there with me that man knows his stuff.

hkbwpro111 03-27-2006 04:47 PM

hunting with anyone brings on a freindship that can last a lifetime!

GR8atta2d 03-28-2006 09:41 AM

Curt Gowdy (The Cowboy)May he RIP! He was doing outdoors stuff when it wasn't cool or trendy. With his Sports and Hunting and Fishing knowledge, sitting around the campfire would be as fun as the hunt.