Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Cheap hang-on stands >

Favorite Cheap hang-on stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Baby Kong Gorilla
43.75%
North Starr Steel
0%
Rivers Edge Bandit
31.25%
Big Game Boss
25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite Cheap hang-on stands

Old 03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite Cheap hang-on stands

I've been looking into buying about four cheap hang-on stands in replace of an expensive stand such as Lone Wolf. Which of the following hang-on stands would you recommend. If you can think of any other good hang-on stands for under $75 please tell me. Also could you please tell me if you like chain or strap on stands.

thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Cheap hang-on stands

I built a bunch last year for about $30 each.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Teejay, I'm considering building some myself. Can you share the pics of yours?

Thanks, LT
Old 03-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sportsmans Guide Gear, the guide gear hang on fixedmodel. It comes with a padded seat and safety harness strap (strap is cheesy though). I have been paying 35.00 dollars for them with my membership. I have 9 of them now. Best stand I have everbought/used for the money. They are easily as good as the 100.00 range stands. I can't build them for much cheaper.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't find that one on their site shed33. What is the price before your discount? I am looking at their site.

Thanks, LT
Old 03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT,

I don't see them on the site either. I will dig around here and look through my magazines to get the order #. I believe before my membership discount they were like 38 or 39 bucks...I hope they still make them! Like I said I bought a bunch of them and they are a very good stand for the $.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT I dont have a pic of any of them. I leave them up all the time. They are simple a platform with a back bone and a platform for a seat. Chained to a tree.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:26 AM

I'm a huge fan og Gorilla stands. I, however, use the King Kongs. I had 2 stand seats split over the the last winter as water froze in the frame. Gorilla sent us a whole new seat assembly no questions asked.
As for the stands they are wicked comfy and easy to hang. I like the straps over the chains but I'm not a fan of the Gorilla's straps. I prefer some sort of ratchet strap. It just makes it easier to take down after they've been up for a whole season.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:28 AM

I also have the King Kong Gorilla. Heavy, but comfortable and no noise. I cut their straps off and use a heavy ratchett strap. In fact I double up with two straps. I use the Lone Wolf steps.If I space em out right and have some good branches In can get 20 to 25 feet high. I strap myself in with my Hunter Saftey vest. Put this in a tree along a alfalfa or corn field.In November,its paradise
Old 03-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I couldn't find that Sportsman Guide Gear Hang On model either, but it seems like something i would be interested in. The King Kong Gorilla also seems like a good stand. Where can i get some of those ratchett straps at. I usually keep my stand up for about 5 months and it's always hard to take down.

Quick Reply: Favorite Cheap hang-on stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.