Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 aftermarket STS type systems >

aftermarket STS type systems

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

aftermarket STS type systems

Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: aftermarket STS type systems

where can I see that footage..
Old 04-20-2006, 02:01 PM

I got an STS System w/Bowjax on my 05 SB and i wont shoot with out it! It's a great gadget for your bow! the best $40.00 i have ever spend!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM

I read somewhere on another board that they are planning on coming out with a new material for the STS that either doesn't wear as much or doesn't wear out the string...

...can anyone confirm that?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I personnally don't see that it's needed or going to do that much for the cost. I just don't like it, but that's me, a crotchetty ole fart.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I bought a Bear TRX when the SHOCK STOP system was first being used. I loved it and thought it was an excellent idea and worked very well. They just couldn't get the material down right though. I broke like 3 of them before I just gave up on it.

I have been debating an STS system for awhile but the string wear at the contact point doesn't thrill me and I hear people say the bow makes a "smacking" sound when it slaps the STS stopper.
I can't say anything about the smacking sound, mine doesn't seem to, but I can say that it doesn't wear the string. I have almost 10,000 shots on my new Constitution and no string wear, it has had a STS since day one.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna have to say that the STS has made my Patriot a better bow than it already was. The STS allowed me to remove my string silencers and the shot is really quiet with it (not sure that I hear the thump or not).

When I recently took my pro-slide off my Patriot and put it on my Tribute without an STS I instantly noticed the sight making noise.
I'm not sure if the STS was hiding the noise by reducing the overall bow vibration, but it's there on a non STS equipped bow.

BTW, my strings show no wear.