Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land? >

Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Lease it all?
74.42%
Lease 50%?
9.30%
Lease None, But charge a fee for individual tags?
16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land?

Old 03-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land?

I have hated the way timber companies lease ALL their land to hunting clubs since it started. Just seems to me they could at least leave 50% for the general public to hunt on. I'm not sure how this poll thing works but I'm wondering how the rest of the population thinks on this.

Thanks for your opinion.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land?

Shouldn't YOU be allowed to do whatever you want with your land?
Old 03-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShadowAce

My thought exactly....dumb ? in my book!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ABSOLUTELY!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just seems to me they could at least leave 50% for the general public to hunt on.
Seems to me that it's entirely up to them and it'snobody elses business how much or to who they lease the hunting priviledges to.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess so far, everyone must enjoy paying to do something we were once able to do for free. I for one think, yes anyone should be able to do whatever they want with their land. But, just like the government with taxes, the timber companies are draining the average joe's wallet for what? GREED!! You can not tell me that the timber companies "MAJOR COMPANIES", don't make enough money from their normal revenue. It's all about MONEY. They never had to lease land before they realised they could make a killing off the wealthy and drain the die hard hunter's wallet. I for one would not give one red cent to a timber company for a hunting lease. Just like you wouldn't give the gov't one red cent of your hard earned dollar unless they made you.(which they do on a daily basis) Economics? No, it's GREED in the nth degree. LT
Old 03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

If you had said, "what do you wish they'd do" ... I would have said something like 50 percent or something. But.... when you said SHOULD they... well heck boy, it's their land. THEY OWN IT. THEY can do whatever they want. That's like me asking, should you be allowed to drive your car all the time or should you be made to let someone without a car drive it half the time. People just have to realize... what's mine is mine and what's theirs is theirs. You want either to use as your personnal hunting ground you got to buy it or hunt public land or become friends with someone .... OR.... lease a chunk. Paper companies leasing the land is NOT greed. It's strictly business. They're in it to make money. They answer to the stock holders. They have to turn a profit. It's the American way. Make money. They'll go with whatever the market will bear. If all of a sudden leasees said enough is enough and no one renewed, well I bet the prices would fall. We haven't hit that level yet.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

David I first of all need to clarify the "boy" business. I don't know if that's just a term or what, but I am 38 years old and grew up with a Dad that was involved in the timber/land business most of his life. I am not insinuating that they should be made to do anything. Just think that GREED is their motive. I am not under the impression this post will ever change their minds, just looking for opinions. By the way, no offense taken and I know probably none intended. Thanks, LT
Old 03-19-2006, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

If you had said, "what do you wish they'd do" ... I would have said something like 50 percent or something. But.... when you said SHOULD they... well heck boy, it's their land. THEY OWN IT. THEY can do whatever they want. That's like me asking, should you be allowed to drive your car all the time or should you be made to let someone without a car drive it half the time. People just have to realize... what's mine is mine and what's theirs is theirs. You want either to use as your personnal hunting ground you got to buy it or hunt public land or become friends with someone .... OR.... lease a chunk. Paper companies leasing the land is NOT greed. It's strictly business. They're in it to make money. They answer to the stock holders. They have to turn a profit. It's the American way. Make money. They'll go with whatever the market will bear. If all of a sudden leasees said enough is enough and no one renewed, well I bet the prices would fall. We haven't hit that level yet.
Excellent post davidmil.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM

Whatever they heck they want to do with it... You do believe in capitalism and the American Way don't you?

Quick Reply: Should Timber Companies Be Allowed To Lease All Their Land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.