Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Digital Camera for Archery hunting?? >

Digital Camera for Archery hunting??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Digital Camera for Archery hunting??

Old 03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Digital Camera for Archery hunting??

I'm gonna be getting a digital camera here soon but i'm not sure which one i wanna get.I'm leaning toward the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 with image stabilization and 12xzoombut its kinda pricey. What camera's do you guys use? Do you think its worth the extra money for these features? And also what kind of case do you guys carry your camera's in when hunting?Thanks for all the help.

Zach
Old 03-16-2006, 11:07 AM

Default RE: Digital Camera for Archery hunting??

i bought a pair of barska digital bino.and i love them.they have a 3.1 megapixels and 2" flip up screen and 8-32x zoom.takes pictures and recordsvideo. i think the internal memory only records 3minutes but if you buy a bigger memory card they record longer. i got them for around $160 they might be a bit cheaper now.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Canon Rebel.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

Canon Rebel.
While hunting? That's a bulky camera to lug around.

I have an older Canon A300 that I don't like so much. The new Canon Elph's are great though. My Brother in law has one. Big LCD, very good interface, and lots of nifty in camera features that you can actually use. The Digic II chip makes for the best digital pictures hands down.

The elph can also fit nicely in your chest pockets too.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. I checked out those Elph's Trembow, they are really nice.

Zach
Old 03-19-2006, 05:58 AM

I got a cannon s 45 power shot with 4.0 plexeles. I have had it about 2 years now and have a lot of great shots in the field with it .I t is a all around camera I use it all the time for the familay as well. good luck on your camera you want.

[/align]
Old 03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I'm looking at the panasonic for my wife. The DMC with the8 megapixelIt looks like a great camera. She wants sit in other stands and "photo-hunt" while I'm elsewhere bowhunting. Put it on a tripod and with the digital zoom and a 1.7x teleconverter you can really get in close, 12x(optical) times4x(digital) times 1.7x(teleconverter) = 81x zoom. I wouldnt use the digital zoom unless it's rock solid on a tripod though, but that still leaves 20x. Also, the high megapixels will let you blow the pictures up. My wifes really into photography so I know she'll get into it.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a sony 2 mega pixel that takes great pics and records and it doesnt kill the battery that fast
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Canon A520 everywhere I go. I love it and it takes awesome pictures.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up a Canon Powershot a410.. I love it so far. Nice resolution, 3.2 mega pixel, I added a 128 memory card.. and rechargable batteries. These little buggars eat thebatteries. I also have a canon gl2 for videoing. spendy but well worth it in my opinion for quality video.

Picture below I recently shot with it.

Quick Reply: Digital Camera for Archery hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.