Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit Rest >

Whisker Biscuit Rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit Rest

Old 03-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Rest

I am sure that this has been mentioned in a prior post, but...

As some of you know, I got my very first bow about 4 weeks ago now, and it came with a whisker biscuit arrow rest. I was drawing it back today and noticed really for the first time the semi-load scraping noise that the "whiskers" make on the alluminum easton arrow shafts. This noise is not too loud, but when I see a big buck walk out, I don't want to spook him while pulling the string back.

What should I do? Rub a little bowstring wax on the arrow shaft?

Anybody else notice this, or am I just being over-critical?

Others have whisker biscuits and have had no problems?

Thanks all.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Rest

I dont shoot a whisker biscuit but I think they all make that noise and a many a deer has been put down using the whisker biscuit. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

I was getting some noise, also. It wasn't much but seemed like enough. You probably know the biscuits come in different size holes and the hole should be slightly larger than the arrow you're using. I had plenty of clearance with mine but still got some noise. I tried lightly sanding the arrows but didn't seem to help. Then I waxed them with my bowstring wax and it pretty much fixed the noise. I didn't care much for the feel of waxed aluminum, though.[8D] I ended up just going with carbons. I've always liked aluminum better but the carbons shoot just fine and no noise with the WB. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be hesitant about any sound. But that's just me. That's why I like the Drop away rests. I've never heard a peep from mine!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the WB and although I've noticed a little scratching noise while shooting in my basement, I don't think it is really toomuch of a problem. I can hear the noise inside when I shoot, but whenever I am hunting, I haven't been able to notice it do to the surrounding noise. i.e. the wind, leaves, and birds. Like somebody else said, make sure your arrows have clearence and you should be ok.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I drew on a doe at 15 yards and she heard the noise of me drawing back and bolted out of range. I did manage to harvest a deer that year when I had the whisker bisquit. My bow made more noise when I wasn't using a string loop. When I put a string loop on the noise went away.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Spike

Switch to carbon arrows, I shoot a WB and have very little draw noise with carbons
Old 03-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or save some money bykeeping the arrows and switch to a better rest.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:44 AM

If the deer can hear that sound then he can hear you breathing. I've killed plenty with my biscuit and never spooked one yet. I love the WB
Old 03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm no expert at all with the WB, never bought into the concept at all, but you may try keeping your aluminum arrow shafts as clean as possible. Try using some car wax, it may make a big difference. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.