Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good form?

Old 03-07-2006, 12:24 PM

Default RE: good form?

alright, heres day 2. I tried to lower my bow shoulder a little, and took the grip of the bow a little more towards my thumb. Feels a little weird, but its repeatable, and I could get used to it. Tried to relax, and straighten out a bit, and it seemed to straighten my bow arm a little. I think I'm gonna move my peep sight up a little, but can't get the thing to slide at all. Any suggestions on that? So, here it is.....

Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 PM

That looks much better!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Nice going martinman. I put the 2 pics together. Looking much better. I'm not sure if your peeps off or not. It looks pretty good, maybe could go up just a tad. When I'm setting mine I'll draw the bow and sight in on a target a few times without looking for the peep. Try to do it naturally and comfortably and you should settle in on where it should be. Don't place yourself to the peep but rather the peep to you. If its served you may need to take off the serving. If you have some serving string you can do some simple knots to serve it back. Here's a link with an easy serving. http://www.applearchery.com/stringserving.htm I like it because it holds but you can still move it if you need. You can also do a loop yourself pretty easy. Here's a link but I've seen a better one. Maybe someone can find it.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Almost there,,, Now,, left hand.. Point the little finger knuckle out 45 degree angle ( so that your grip is between your thumb and your index finger), your left index finger should just be touching the grip...When you release let the bow follow thorough, with out dropping your left hand...The sling should allow you to do this.. practice doing this at close range with your eyes closed, until it feels right...
Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 PM

YEP MARTIN LOOKS MUCH BETTER BUT, DID YOU GOT 1 MORE INCH OR NO, MAYBE WITH A LOOP YOU CAN GET IT MUCH BETTER, THAT MY PERSONAL TOUGHT
Old 03-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mexhuntr

YEP MARTIN LOOKS MUCH BETTER BUT, DID YOU GOT 1 MORE INCH OR NO, MAYBE WITH A LOOP YOU CAN GET IT MUCH BETTER, THAT MY PERSONAL TOUGHT

Yep,, Mexhunter is right,,, you should have your right index knuckle unter your ear, just right behind you Jaw.. can you change your draw length...

Garicas Mijo...
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Your definately getting closer. Its hard to tell by the picture, but it appears your right shoulder is not coming back far enough. A straight line should be formedfrom your bow armback to your right elbow looking from above. Again its hard to tell by this picture, but it doesn't look like your right shoulder is coming back far enough to create this straight line. This will cause your arm muscles to to do most of the work of holding the weight at full draw instead of transfering most of the weight to your back muscles. The result will be shaky aiming. If this is the case, lengthing the draw length will help you.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 PM

that welt on your arm would go away if you got the bow more out of the palm of your hand the bow should rest on your thumb pad not past the life line.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still think you need about a quarter to a half inch added. I found I shoot much better if the string barly touches my nose. Its basically like having a kisser button. But it looks much better now.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:32 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll need to take it to the bowshop to change the draw length module, but thats ok with me. Myright elbowapparently does need to come back some more, and Iwanna move the peep up a little bit. It'll probably be about a week before I can get to the shop, but I'll manage.

Now two more questions, if you don't mind. I just bought the Winn Free Flight Relax Triggerrelease. Would that be ok for a loop? If so, what type of loop material would you recommend for it because I put one on that I got from Academy, and at about 1/4 draw on about the 3rd shot, it broke, looked like someone cut it with a knife. Is that a bad product or a freak accident or what?

Quick Reply: good form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.