Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bladerunner

Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Bladerunner

Hi All,
Anyone out there own a Bladerunner bow? I'm seriously thinking about purchasing one as soon as the next 2-3 weeks but I would really like to speak to someone who owns one. Any assistance from owners would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks All

BTS
Old 03-04-2006, 10:32 PM

Default RE: Bladerunner

Ok, I know you said OWNERS, but I'm not. I am interested though. Never seen one except for the adds. I just can't see it doing very well, looks too complicated. But who knows......maybe...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:52 AM

I thought you were talking about the Blade bow from AR and had a whole post on how it isn't anything complicated, just an AR target bow. Then I looked this bow up[]. WOW, that is a bit crazy! And the website leaves a lot to be desired as far pics and what not. Lots of text, but not pics of the bow really. I'm not going to say if it's good or bad but I would be leary if you have to order it. According to the site I didn't see where they have any U.S. dealers. If I were going to get a bow from over seas it would be a Merlin.

I say if you want something like that just get an Oneida, they are just as crazy looking. I think there used to be a bow design like that in the past. I don't remember it doing so well.

If you get one let us know what you think.

Paul
Old 03-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Bladerunner is basically an Oneida Stealth. The cams are almost identical and the pulleys on the end of the limbs act just like the lever design of an Oneida.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:59 PM

I bet it is not as complicated as it's first impression would leave you to believe.. Just a hunch. I always though that Oneidas were real complicated just because they looked different than a typical modern compound bow but they really aren't all that complicated and once you have taken one apart and put it back together you realy would have a good understanding of the bow. My hunch is that the Bladerunner would be much the same..

I recall talking to someone who did shoot one at a show or at a shop (I can't remember which one) and I believe they said it was a fairly nice bow but it had some noise issues (Although they claim to be one of the quietest bows on the market?) and that it was a bit heavy.. I would imagine that I personally would have some shooting a 27 inch bow but that is just some personal feelings. I thinkit would be neat to try but this is always the problem with smaller bow companies.. .Where do you find the bow to give it a try? The price I saw online when I did a search did not lead me to jump for my credit card to give it a try.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:34 PM

Thank you all so much. This is exactly what I was hoping, that even if you guys weren't owners, you would offer honest opinions. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the people on this site and hopefully someone who really knows this bow will reply also.
The bow and the company is new but the info is getting out there. One of the bowhunting magazines did a very positive peice on both the bow and the company within the past 2 months. I would like to refer it but I have about a thousand bowhunting magazines and can't remember exactly which one it is. When I find it, I'll post it for anyone who would like to see it. I already own a 2004 Bowtec Liberty which is my favorite thus far and a 2003 Hoyt CyberTec which I will probably sell very soon. This Bladerunner just completely fascinates me. They do have dealers, just none in my area but they offered me 30 days to try it and return it if I don't like it. My dealings with them so far have been great.
As far as "complicated" concerns, I just remember what people first said when compound bows were first introduced and how they would 'ruin' the sport, the state and possibly our country. Anyway, please keep it coming.[8D]