Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gruntin'......

Old 03-01-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Gruntin'......

This year I have had trouble gruntin' em' in and I was wondering what kind do you guys grunt with?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Default RE: Gruntin'......

I use the ez grunt by primos and the big can i hade just bad luck with them both this year , my friend had a nice six cme in on the can but waited to long to draw his bow while the deer was behind a hemlock then try drawing on him after he came out and got busted,[:@]
Old 03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use the Deer Flute by River Valley Game Calls
Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

I use a H.S True Talker or a primos grand slam grunt tube
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM

I use the Primos "the little can" for pre-rut and brought my 8-Pointer to me on the first day of the season! As far as grunt calls, I have a lot but the one I have had the most success with is made by MOHR!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

I like the "primos can" alot, deff brought the deer i shot in. I also like the rubber neck(i think thats wut its called) by primos.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:21 PM

I use two different grunts, Primos RubberNeck and a QuakerBoy. I also have good luck with The Can bleat call. One morning this fall I rattled, grunted and bleatedin three different buck within an hour. Two of the buck were small 1-1/2 year old 8 pt's., the other was a nice 3-1/2 year old 8 pt. Each buck came up the same trail and stood under the tree in the same spot. The problem is that whenI hung the stand, there was a branch that I thought would not be in the way. I was wrong! The branch is no longer there! I did shoot the 3-1/2 year oldin rifle season as he wastrying to sneak back to bed in the morning.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Rubberneck, E-Z Grunter, and the Big Can.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Spike

I use the True Talker with the Primos original can to entice the bucks into bowrange. This season I took a nine pointer with the combination. I also called in some other bucks that held up just out of range. Wish I had a decoy to go with those calls.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:11 AM

I use a True Talker and I always have had good luck grunting but not rattling. I shot my biggest buck to date, a 142 class buck, this year. I did grunt before he came in but whether or not thats what brought him in I dont know. I think it was rubbing and clashing my rattling antlers againt the tree I was in more then anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.