Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 backyard bow ranges.... >

backyard bow ranges....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

backyard bow ranges....

Old 03-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: backyard bow ranges....

Heck I shoot in the house in the winter.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Backyard shooting for me. BAsically out to as far as I'd ever care too. Just over a 100 yds to the woods. I have a treestand setup as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

Huntress,
Where were you when I was single....oh wait, 4th grade! (Nevermind!)
too funny....you can't be that much older than me.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been going over to my neighbors. I've built a big deck off my house and it over looks my pond. The drop off is the same as if I was in my treestand. Since my neighbor and I share our targets, I just use his deck. I have plans on putting a feeder up beside my pond and shoot a few of the bambies next year to thin them out.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fl.huntress

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

Huntress,
Where were you when I was single....oh wait, 4th grade! (Nevermind!)
too funny....you can't be that much older than me.
My name should give a clue to my age, and it ain't how many times I been deployed! Close but no the number of deployments. (of course use to be here as Der Jagd Meister). Anyway, too funny, you should see the looks I get when I mention whay I was doing in 1973 or 1980, or 1985 or ..... you get it! [8D]
Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 PM

i live on 2 1/2 acres so i have a couple of glendel buck 3d set up also have several other targets set up . my yard is open and has plenty of woods so i have stands set up also to practice .
Old 03-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: scmtnhnter

i live on 2 1/2 acres so i have a couple of glendel buck 3d set up also have several other targets set up . my yard is open and has plenty of woods so i have stands set up also to practice .
Well the place I will be staying when I leave here, I should have area to set up my 3D deer and turkey for plenty of practice! [8D]
Old 03-06-2006, 03:38 PM

i live less than a mile away from a conservation club where they have 3D shoots and bag targets all over so i am pretty lucky
Old 03-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I live in the woods and have a 3 acre yard, if you want to call it that, so far I have 2 deer targets, a bobcat, and a walking black bear to shoot at. I intend to buy 3 or 4 more targets this spring. I would like to get a bedded buck, standing bear, turkey, another deer of some sort and possibly an alligator. My wife and I absolutely love to shoot our targets. We shoot almost every day during the summer at any distance up to 100 yards.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:24 PM

I rigged up a home made walking deer target one time with pullys and a weight. You could hold your foot on the rope till you were ready then just move your foot a little and the burlap stuffed deer would come out from behind some bushes and go for about 15 ft. man that was fun.
My brother inlaw brought some friends up to try it one weekend, we had a blast. Did loose a few arrows though.

Quick Reply: backyard bow ranges....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.