Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thunderhead broadheads >

Thunderhead broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thunderhead broadheads

Old 02-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thunderhead broadheads

To Each Their Own...

I'm not here to start a fight, I'm was just stating my opinion and a personal experience with Thunderheads. I'm not saying their bad because I have alsotaken deer with them before switching. Use whatever works for you.

'Opinions are like A$$ Holes, everybody has one.'
Old 02-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

No argument, just a statement and nothing more.

Bobby
Old 02-24-2006, 04:12 PM

As for me I love them. They respectively out of my bow and from what i have put them through are very tough also. I used one broadhead for this whole season and shot 3 deer, the first a double lung that passed through, the second was a spine shot, and the third one i messed up on and shot a little forward but still blew through the first shoulder and most of the way through the next. Granted it aint as sharp as new but it went right back into the quiver.

[/align]
Old 02-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Site Bouncer

I have used them before and I liked them.

I only had one problem with them. I shot a deer at about 30yds (complete pass through) the deer went about 55yds and fell dead. When I went to get my arrow I noticed that one blade was missing. The other two were still there but loose. The broadhead was also loose and I could turn it about a 1/4 turn before it tightened up to the arrow. I was real carefull when field dressing and sure enough it was still in the deer.

Since the blades are "locked" into place when the broadhead is tightened, I figured it popped off because the broadhead came loose.I used the provided tool to tighten them but every oncein a while I would find one that was slightly loose after shooting it, but never to the point where I lost a blade. That kinda turned me offon them but I still continued to use them (along with Spitfires)until I switch to the G5 Montecs.

Keep an eye on the broadhead to make sure they are tight and they should serve you well.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

They great!!! I shoot em, and have never had one break.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I use thunderheads and would never change. Ive shot 4 3 deer with the same head.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I've probably shot my last 50 whitetails with Thunderheads. I've made perfect hits, questionable hits and plain dumb AZZZ hits. The heads have never failed me. In that time I had one blade chip but it could have just as easily been on a rock when it went throught both shoulders and stuck in the ground. I've even gone to the point of buying several others and playing with them, but I never did like any better. They're solid. Make sure you use the UBARs on carbons.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

I had used thunderheads for about 20 years on deer, elk (1), and moose (1), and many fox and groundhogs.I have never experienced any problems with the thunderheads, a great broadhead (imho). Iswitched to Slick Tricks this past deer season -I have no plans to switch back.

-fsh
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 AM

Used them for three years, killed my first five deer with them, then had one disintgrate after whizzing through a shoulder of a doe...bad penetration.
Then went to Spitfires (yuck)...
Then we to the Wasp 100gr SST's.....
Couldnt be happier, though I am thinking of trying the Jakhammers...
Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

bdbwtie101,
I hope you were changing blades after shooting each of those deer. It was hard to tell from your post. All blades should be replaced(or at least touched up if you know how) once they are shot whether they shot an animal, target, or the ground.

Quick Reply: Thunderhead broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.