Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Old School or New School >

Old School or New School

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Old School
32.08%
New School
67.92%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old School or New School

Old 02-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Old School or New School

I consider my self old school because although I shoot a compound bow pretty much everything else in my hunting stratagey hasn't change over the years. I don't use trail cams, scent lock or anything else. Before people get ruffled I'm not knocking any product or anybody for using them. I was just wondering who still doesn't use them?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Old School or New School

I've been shooting since before the first compound bows came onto the market. However the new technology intrigues me, so I try everything I can afford to at least once (provided it is ethical).
Old 02-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never have liked the compound as a hunting tool, even though I shot competition withcompounds for a very long time. Very much prefer hunting withlongbows and recurves, if I'm not hunting with a homemade selfbow.

Neverwear camo unless I'm hunting turkey or dove.

Never have taken to treestand perching. Only tried it once and hated it.I like being on the ground where I can HUNT instead of twiddle my thumbs and WAIT.

I take great care with hygene and hunt the wind instead of hoping some super duper, overly expensive suit will keep my stink out of a deer's nose.

Still use carbon steel, 2-blade, glue-on cut-on-contact broadheads and still love the way wood arrows shoot.

Think 99% of thestuff on the market these daysdoes nothing but cater to people who are seriously lacking in self confidence. (Just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to like it.)

Am more concerned with enjoying my time in the woods rather than chasing 'success.'

Am appalled by the apathetic,self-centered attitude among most of today's bowhunters - ie. "I could care less whether or not it's good for the sport. If it gives me a better chance of killing something with as little effort as possible, I'm using it." (Again, just my opinion and I don't expect anyone else to like it.)

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm old school.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Longbow, no sightsand cut on contact heads for me. Enjoying every shot I take with it.

You tell-em Art!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, Arthur.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:38 AM

This is a subjective question.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy having modern, "State Of the Art" type equipment. That goes for Bows, hunting, 4wheeling..if it's a hobby of mine I want every advantage available and affordable.

Those with old school preferences... it's like religion..i respect yours, just don't preach it to me!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an old school mentality but use a few new school items. I do use a compound, but no scent lock, range finders, gps, trailcams, 4 wheelers, and I don'thunt on alease. I don't use very many gadgets and feel that just becauseI can shoot at a target 40-50-60 yds away and hit it, doesn't mean that i would do that on a deer.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM

I shoot an old school style bow, but I LOVE trail cams, so I guess I'm new school....
Old 02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm somewhere in between .

Quick Reply: Old School or New School

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.