Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which would you choose? >

Which would you choose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which would you choose?

Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which would you choose?

That's why we're individuals and if one doesn't take the time to shoot both they are doing themselves and themselves alone a discredit.

I did find the Switchback smoother to draw, but not smoother to shoot..they were equal in that respect for me..noise was less in the Switchback but it was marginal and may be do to the aggressive cams of the Trykon which made it much faster, thus noise perhaps....feel is an individual thing and I like the smaller handle of the Trykon. Vibration, equal...again, I'd be happy with either...
Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Host of Hosts

Ok you guys talked me into it. I'll shoot all three then decide. I don't really need a new bow, because my scorpion is real quiet too and only 5 months old. Guess I just got the itch.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Trykon. You are just paying for too much advertisement w/ a Matthews, IMO.
This statement makes no sense to me, the bows are nearly identical in price. Just say you are a mathews hater.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Host of Hosts

I shot the Mathews Switchback XTthis evening and it's gonna be hard to beat, but I will try the other 2 first before coming to a conclusion. Actually the Bowtech Tribute and the Hoyt Trykon are 699.00 and the Mathews is 649.95 in my neck of the woods.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Switchback and it is a great bow. I havn't shot the Trykon but most of the reviews I have heard have been good. Give em both a chance and tell us what you decide.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Shoot the the bowtech and forget about the bashers ther nuts
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Trykon. You are just paying for too much advertisement w/ a Matthews, IMO.
This statement makes no sense to me, the bows are nearly identical in price. Just say you are a mathews hater.
I can't. That would be brand bashing, and we just don't allow that here on hunting net. Besides, if you didn't pay so much for advertising, the mathews would be cheaper.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "Big 3" bows are all very close in speed. To point out the XT was a few fps slower (although true) is almost worthless in reality. We're talking about thousandths (.00x)of a second at 30 yards. Speed is hyped.

I didn't mind the Trykon in my personal test of the 3. I found it a tick louder than the XT, but not as loud as the Bowtech and none were smoother than the XT in draw or post release. These were my personal findings.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 AM

TRYKON you can't go wrong...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I choose the XT, but shoot them for yourself to find out what feels best to you.

Quick Reply: Which would you choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.