Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More on 412 pound buck >

More on 412 pound buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More on 412 pound buck

Old 02-12-2006, 06:19 PM

Default More on 412 pound buck

Here's the latest on the story from the Minneapolis paper. Columnist says hunter stepped forward to say it is true and he took it on a Nebraska indian reservation and that he won't name the reservation because he doesn't want it to be overrun with hunters. Also says Bass Pro is doing a full body mount of it. True? You be the judge.

http://www.startribune.com/531/story/239947.html
Old 02-12-2006, 06:51 PM

Default RE: More on 412 pound buck

Nice buck, interesting story and I don't blame the guy for not saying where he shot it. I wouldn't either.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

held the bow back for ten minutes???? I don't doubt he killed the deer, but held the bow back for TEN MINUTES????? I doubt it.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

i'd say true.. i mean come on its very possible especially on a reserve... anyone who doubts it is because they are probably jelous or have never seen such a big deer...
sometimes the things you think would never happen, happen just like that...

And as fornot telling the exact location of the kill that is what i call " A SMART MAN "
Old 02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing i jus cant believe about the story is he held to bow back for 10 minutes. I mean if you think about it thats a longgggggg time to be holding a bow back.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Holding the bow back for ten mins, sounds like a crock!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM

I don't buy that he held the bow at full draw for ten minutes!! but when a person get's nervous their time appraisal changes!!! I looked into a 170lbs. black bear's eyes for 2 minutes and it felt like an hour!!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Alot about the story seems questionable. I'm not familiar with taping a deer and estimating it's weight so I question that as well. It'd been nice to see an actual scale weight. I agree with the above, I doubt the ten minute theory. Sponsorship....he better be a clean hunter and he better be telling the truth or no sponsor will attach themselves to him...

I wish the best for him. 412lbs, we'll never know.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: chucker34

Also says Bass Pro is doing a full body mount of it. True? You be the judge.
Is Bass Pro going to use Photoshop too??

If this guy really did shoot that deer he has the absolute WORST judgement I have ever seen. He doesn't weigh the deer......he says he is distressed about the pics??....well guess what you or your buddies put them out there in the first place so if you have no story to back up your claims then don't cry when someone says BS......true or not. He won't tell where he shot it.......no one at the reservation will confirm it.....he says a reservation game official was with him but no one has heard from him........he didn't even recover the deer until it was wasted and bloated (maybe that is why the pics look so fat??) He contacts a newspaper to say he shot the deer and then offers pretty much nothing more then that......just his word.

Cripes man..........this guy makes the Zaft buck story seem pretty good in hind sight

What a disturbing way to finish the article too.........with a shameless plug at two big name companies in the hopes they will toss him a few dollars.

[:'(]

I couldn't care less if he shot it or not.........if you are gonna go public and try to sponge sponsor money for a deer kill you better have all your facts straight and your story should not be full of gaping holes like "I held my bow for 10 minutes"
Old 02-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer was "somewhat bloated" and stunk, Whitt said. He said he field-dressed the deer and he and the three others dragged it about 60 yards to his truck
What a joke, he admits the deer was bloated, then says they estimated it at 412 pounds, (not 410 or 415...) and now is pimping it to try and get sponsorships!!! He could have jsut had it weighed... but decided measuring its girth was good enough??

Whitt said he was "wearing 100 percent ScentLok clothing and using a Lone Wolf stand and Lone Wolf tree steps."
"Please mention these products," he said.

Quick Reply: More on 412 pound buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.