Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vital Bow Gear Angle Site

Old 02-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Spike

Default Vital Bow Gear Angle Site

Has anyone used this site and what do you think. I am thinking about getting one and would like some feedback before i spend my hard earned cash.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Vital Bow Gear Angle Site

I haven't bought one yet, but I'm considering it. I currently have a 3 pin VBG trapper. I love the Trapper, but the ONE problem I have with it is that the inline pins obscure anything below your point of aim.

The triangle sight seems to eliminate that problem.

The only reasons I didn't buy it to go on my new Switchback is:
1. I wanted to see if they had an all green 3 pin version like they did with the trapper. Or maybe just green and amber. I don't care for red pins.
and
2. I was thinking I wanted to go with a 5 pin sight for a trip to B.C. for Caribou, but the 5 pin version of the triangle sight just seems too "busy" for me, if that makes any sense. I could probably do with only 4 pins really.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:37 AM

I am getting one soon and i will tell you how it shoots. I have been told that they are really nice sights and shoot really well.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a vertical Star Track right now (and love it). I checked out the angled version at the ATA, and it looks pretty interesting! I'm going to see if I can buy just the outter "ring" to try it without buying the entire sight.

I will also say one thing about VBG. A buddy of mine had broken all the fiber-optic's off his Star Track last year. Just hunting hard, and wrecked it. Anyway, called VBG, they are fixing it for free - Lifetime Warentee! That sealed the deal for me!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

I put one on my Equalizer and love it.Last year I shot the Trapper withknow problems, this looks to be an improvment.Changed the color to black this year, another plus. If you have access to a sight square (not sure the actual name of the fixture) use it to verify the sight level is true. Mine was off by a few degrees and needed to be adjusted. Not a big deal at 20 yards but at 40 yards it is.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:59 PM

We've sold a lot of the VG Triangle sights so far this year. Everyone who has bought them likes them a lot. The micro-adjust horizontal and vertical makes things easier. And yes, they can be ordered in all green pins.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland
And yes, they can be ordered in all green pins.
baw-chicka-baw-baw.... it's decided, to the shop I go! (ah..okay maybe tomorrow after I snow-blow the driveway).