Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pike County Illinois? >

Pike County Illinois?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pike County Illinois?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Pike County Illinois?

Anybody want to reccomend a good Archery Guide service in Pike County?
I want to book a hunt for oct 9th -13 this year! Any Advice would be appreciated!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:59 PM

Default RE: Pike County Illinois?

Rodhouse Rut-n-Strutt.

I made my first out-of-state deer hunting trip there last year in November.
Great lodge, great food, great guys and I saw LOTS of deer despite the horrid weather.

They're minimum shooter is 130". I had one shot at a "maybe" 130 but it was low light and I couldn't be sure. I'm not too good at judging antler size on the hoof yet (or anywhere for that matter[&:]) Lot's of other prolly 120 class bucks. This again was despite some horridly warm weather and a some stormy weather on the first night. Many shooters sighted by just about everyone, not too many taken though.

My guide was great, and most of them are pretty good to great with a few young guys that need a little schooling I think.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:02 PM

I will tell you a good one HADLEY CREEK OUTFITTERS!!
They kill some great bucks. Have over 17,000 acres and
have been managing it all for 130 or better.Almost a sure thing of getting a shot at at least 1 130 or better class animal Check out their web site:

http://www.hadleycreek.com/gallery14.html

All are 2005 kills!!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM

Honey Hole Outfitters. http://www.honeyholeoutfitters.net/
The top pic is of one i got last year. The bottom is my buddy's buck from this year.

Highly recommended.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 PM

Thanks Guys!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Illinois Trophy Bowhunters Inc. You may have a tough time getting a spot though they fill up pretty fast.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Thanks guys!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Im not here to compete, but you have to admit, this is a damn good idea my brother has done. This is a successful and tactical outfitter with the best ideas. He only takes around 14 or so hunters aa YEAR. the possibilities are outstanding. I have respect for my brother, not trying to grab as much money and hunters as he can. This is a very admirable and respectable outfitter.
www.goldenacresoutfitters.com
Old 02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are alot of good outfitters all through the state. If you had some free time I would check out the deer and turkey classic towards the end of the month. Alot of outfitters will be there and show what they have to offer.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Trembow

Rodhouse Rut-n-Strutt.

I made my first out-of-state deer hunting trip there last year in November.
Great lodge, great food, great guys and I saw LOTS of deer despite the horrid weather.

They're minimum shooter is 130". I had one shot at a "maybe" 130 but it was low light and I couldn't be sure. I'm not too good at judging antler size on the hoof yet (or anywhere for that matter[&:]) Lot's of other prolly 120 class bucks. This again was despite some horridly warm weather and a some stormy weather on the first night. Many shooters sighted by just about everyone, not too many taken though.

My guide was great, and most of them are pretty good to great with a few young guys that need a little schooling I think.
Good call. You can see Rodhouse Rut 'N Strut on Wadell's Raltree Roadtrips. It was a decent episode.

Quick Reply: Pike County Illinois?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.