Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CLIMBING STAND

Old 02-08-2006, 07:23 PM

Default CLIMBING STAND

NEED A LIGHT WEIGHT CLIMBING STAND TO GET DEEP IN THE WOODS? WHAT IS GOOD TO GET
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 PM

Default RE: CLIMBING STAND

2 words.....SUMMIT VIPER
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

I will 2nd something in the Summit line as well! Although do your research before you buy anything. I purchased a Viper and even though I love it, I wish I would have bought a model where the front bar collapses down. I bow hunt 99% of the time and for me...it just gets in the way. Other than that(which was a mistake on my part), I really like it.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will 3rd the Summit Viper. Most comfortable lightweight full climber I have ever used. Although I have not bowhunted out of it yet, I have talked to people who have and they say the best thing to do about that bar in front is to raise your seat up to the max with straps and keep it at about the height comparable to a strap on stand. Always strap yourself to the tree so you may enjoy hunts again.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: manboy

2 words.....SUMMIT VIPER
Spoken like a true proffesional...
Old 02-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am also a big fan of the Summit stands. The open shot is very light, not as comfortable as a viper, but a lot lighter and easier to carry. I think you would be happy with just about any summit though, just check their lineup out and see what stands gives you the most features at your max weight limit.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I love my loogy climber. One piece, quite and lite. I'll admit I've never used a summit viper, but isn't that the one you need a safety strap between the two platforms because eventually the foot platform will drop while climbing?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:15 AM

Loggy Bayou Climber is my favorite. Been using one for the past 6-8 seasons and have never had a problem. But now my interest has been peaked and I am going to check into the summit viper stand.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another Satisfied Summit owner here, they have an awsome lineup and I'm sure they have one to siut your need's . I have the Viper x4 and love it.

nubo
Old 02-09-2006, 11:01 AM

I have owned at least 5 different Summits over the years. They are great. I would recommend the Bushmaster X5 for bowhunting. I dont like any front bar to get in the way.

Quick Reply: CLIMBING STAND

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.