Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks For The Replys..Another Question >

Thanks For The Replys..Another Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks For The Replys..Another Question

Old 02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks For The Replys..Another Question

Would like to thank everyone who replied to my question about drop away rests. I think I will go with the whisker biscuit. Sounds like less trouble overall. I have two other questions. 1) What would be the best length and material for fletching to use for the WB? I primarily hunt in warm to cool temp's. Nothing below freezing, and very little ice. 2) I am currently not using a stabilizer on my 05 Tomkat. Any suggestions on brand and weight for stabilizer? Thanks Again.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks For The Replys..Another Question

I am using a Vibracheck Isolator and am happy with it. I had a Limbsaver S-coil on my old bow and was really impressed with it. Plus it was only $20. You wouldn't go wrong with one of those for a stabilizer. I shoot plastic and feathers thru the WB and both are fine with me. The plastic vanes might get a little wavy on you (more if your bows not tuned). The feathers are fine. After a bunch of shots the feathers tend to wear down. They'll shoot, they just aren't as tall.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:58 PM

LT: I would ask others who have the 05 Tomkat with a WB rest, as my 05 Tomkat would not tune with one. We could not get a good paper tear due to the fletching contact, and it also would destroy my fletchings in about 3-5 shots. I had it set up with three rest before I settled on the Dropzone. I would also consider the Shakey Hunter Drop away as it is about half the cost of the dropzone and my Cousin has one on his 05 Tomkat and it works well. The long Brace Height is the reason most capture rest will not work on the TK. Just my experience. Good Luck!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:11 PM

I can help with your question #1. The vanes that I was told were one of the strongest on the marketand actually designed for the WB in mind,are the vanes Ipicked for my hunting needs. They are called V-max VaneTec Vanes. They are more durable than the DuraVanes people have been using for years. This durability comes at a weight cost of coarse. Three, 4 inch longvanes will weigh in at 29 grains. I have been shooting them and have no complaints, they're solid and keep their shape in flight. Researching details such as these, will give you positive gains on your accuracy. Keep up the research, every detail adds up!

www.vmaxvanes.com
Old 02-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

i also have an Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer on my bow... for 20 bucks i'm very happy plus it looks cool...
Old 02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll third the Simms S-coil.....its a great stabilizer. As for the fletchings, I have been shooting the WB Quick Shot Deluxe (The one with both brown and black strands) and Duravanes for the past year or so. I haven't really noticed any major problems with the fletchings or the rest. I tuned my bow, PSE Vengeance Hybrid, last year all by myself and I thought the WB was much easier to tune than my old 3-prong rest. I know that there have been a couple problems here and there with the combo, but overall I think the combination is a good one.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have used Duravanes with my bisquit this year and they worked fine.
I am thinking about getting one of those S-Coils myself.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 PM

LT, first don't listen to the ol' i couldn't get the biscuit to tune. thats BS. period! no compound is any differant to tune a biscuit! now for vanes... i use feathers the biscuit was made for them, they work great!
and i also have a s-coil. black $14.00 best cash i ever spent on archery!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it looks like there are so many opinions I may have to just try the WB for myself. Heck they are cheap enough if I don't like it I can always change it out. By the way (manboy), how much are feathers compared to other flecthes? And do they last very long? I think from the responses here the Scoil is the way I will go on that.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:10 PM

well if price was a thing you thought about very much, you would not have a bowteck tomkat, you would have a p.s.e......oh i am going to get for that one! and just ask yourself when you cannot get the small group you are looking for at 40 yards, what is it worth to you, when you are on that screaming bull elk, and he is 42 yards away, the only shot you got is the size of a volleyball through the trees.......it's PRICELESS! I ONLY USE FEATHERS, AND THAT IS WHY![8D]

Quick Reply: Thanks For The Replys..Another Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.