Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself properly. I just signed up today and also just bought my first bow, '05 Tomkat. Have been reading posts and learning alot. Practicing almost daily and love my new bow. So, anyway, Hi Yall.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Default RE: New Member

Welcome to the forums!! We look forward to hearing from you. And hey! To all you guests out there reading this......sign on up. We'll pick on you too!!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weclome Louisana! I was stationed there once! Loved it! Sure you will find lots of useful conversation and just good chat here! [8D]
Old 02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been reading alot about the advantages of the drop away rests out there. I bought my bow and it had a cheapo golden key drop away. I was just wondering if anyone could settle the issue I have. QAD Ultra Hunter or Trophy Ridge Drop Zone? What is the best and least maintenance rest? Thanks for any and all opinions.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant really help you there, i use the whisker biscuit! I mostly hunt, so even during 3D and others I use the biscuit......... I like it and probably wont go back to any other style rest. but hang in there, sure some of the others will weigh in shortly! [8D]
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the boards LT, I myself have a Whisker Biscuit. They are really becomming popular. They have some great features and advantages, but there is some disadvantages. Pros. Nok and arrow and forget it, never worry about falling off the rest. Simplicity, sometimes the simple things work the best, they are easy to tune, and there are a few more, some here may contribute, on the con side. the biggest problem I've read is they do make some noise on some arrows, which can be lessened with a little funiture wax on the arrow. As they break in and get some wear, they will also quite down. I've got 5 seasons on mine, and I shoot alumn. arrows, and I don't even hear mine. hope this helps, again, welcome.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Welcome to the site. Glad to have ya here, enjoy!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the forum ,glad to have you around ,lot's of good stuff here and lot's of good people to boot.

nubo
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome and happy hunting here and in the field.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forums. It is nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing your posts.

Quick Reply: New Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.