Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar? >

Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar?

What is the best all carbon shaft for hunting deer and for the dollar? I am shooting a bowtech tribute with a 30" draw and 60lbs.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:12 AM

Default RE: Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar?

I would recommend you get the best ones you can afford. I shoot A/C/C's, but they are pretty pricey. To take it down some, the Easton Axis, Gold Tip Pro Hunter, or Carbon Tech Whitetail would serve you well.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 AM

I would say you could not go wrong with Beman's.However i have seen Goold Tip Pro Hunter's that were not straight at all,but would highly recommend the Carbon Tech Whitetail Xp's.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

I would say you could not go wrong with Beman's.However i have seen Goold Tip Pro Hunter's that were not straight at all,but would highly recommend the Carbon Tech Whitetail Xp's.
Another vote for Carbon Tech Arrows.

Hey newman1...did you ever get those new nocks and nock insertsfor your CT arrows? I'm thinking of doing the same, just not sure what ones to get. Looks like they add 6 grains to the rear of shaft.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carbon express terminator select shafts. Very consistant, heavier shaft for increased penetration, incredibly tough shaft able to take direct hits on rocks and such and come out good as new,.

Excelent price point. A dozen finished arrows with vanes will cost you about $60.

I've tried different shafts from different manufacturers and keep coming back to the terminator selects.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

look at the carbon excel by easton and monster buck hunter at dicks
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Carbon express terminator select shafts. Very consistant, heavier shaft for increased penetration, incredibly tough shaft able to take direct hits on rocks and such and come out good as new,.

Excelent price point. A dozen finished arrows with vanes will cost you about $60.

I've tried different shafts from different manufacturers and keep coming back to the terminator selects.
another vote for them. i like em. i shot a few into my shed and into the snowblower and they're still straight shooters.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

ORIGINAL: newman1

Another vote for Carbon Tech Arrows.

Hey newman1...did you ever get those new nocks and nock insertsfor your CT arrows? I'm thinking of doing the same, just not sure what ones to get. Looks like they add 6 grains to the rear of shaft.
i believe they are the CB bushings and not yet.I am waiting for my new limbs,and besides i am sorta out of commission for a bit.I screwed up my neck/back and can't shoot[:'(][:@].I think when i can start shooting again i will get Len to order me some of those bushings and nocks.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

gold tip xt's.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely. These are extreemly durable and consistent. And not quite as costly as some of the others.

Quick Reply: Best Carbon Shaft for hunting and for the dollar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.