Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What brand of arrows? >

What brand of arrows?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What brand of arrows?

Old 02-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default What brand of arrows?

What brand of arrows should I buy? I am of course new the whole sport but would like to buy descent arows. Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What brand of arrows?

Depends, are you looking for carbon or aluminium arrows? An all around good choice is Easton. They make the best aluminium, and from what I've heard (I don't shoot carbon) their carbons are pretty good too. Another choice for carbons that I've heard about is Gold Tip. Hope this helps. If you can give us a little more detail of what you are looking for, you should be able to get some really good suggestions.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

Carbon, I want fast as I can get for the dough
Old 02-05-2006, 02:22 PM

Gold Tips get the xt .003 or the pro .001 Great arrows. http://www.goldtip.com/products/category.asp?fid=1-8A2DDB1C-8633-4CD9-A19F-763CB802BE19&rnd=160845796
They have a great website with a FOC caculator and KE caculator.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the performance of Easton's XX-78's for both hunting and competition. Very reliable and the straightest aluminum arrow available.
Good Hunting
Old 02-05-2006, 04:26 PM

The best advice I can give.....get the best arrows you can afford. I would take a good look at Gold Tip Pro Hunters, Easton Axis, Easton A/C/C, or Carbon Express Maxima's. Another might be a Carbon Tech Cheetah or Rhino.
Every company out there makesat least one high quality arrow. Just depends on how much money you do, or don't, want to spend. Personally, I shoot the A/C/C and couldn't be happier.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon express, have had great success with them.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gold Tip Pro Hunters although I honestly believe any major brand is good.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Easton aluminums, and my wife just got new Carbon Express arrows. The camo on the Carbon Express is really impressive. I know the deer don't care, but they are definetely cool looking.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:58 PM

I have always shot Gold Tip, in competition and for all my hunting. The hunter series is great for camo shafts. If you have a dealer, and they have some testers, try some different arrows from other manufacturers. Although, there are so many makers out there, there is sometimes no tried and tested way to find a more accurate arrow just by shooting it in one day. If you have specs on the arrows, for instance fps speed, kinetic energy, and weight, then you can easily formulate what arrow would do better for you and your bow.

Quick Reply: What brand of arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.