Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01 >

Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01

Old 02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01

I was able to catch the episode(made it a point to watch it ). they had two "Bowtech" bows on the show. I couldn't help but to pick the show apart.when they were test shooting the bow.(knocking the arrow wrong 2 out of the 3 times they shot it.) and the creaking noise(sound effects) when they drew the bow back. and shooting w/ no release. Nice bows though...nice bows. thanks for letting me ramble on. Rick.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01

I have to agree with you..it was kinda pathetic but the majority of watchers who know nothing about bows wouldn't catch it...

It wasn't so bad they shot with fingers but....they shot fingers with a shoot through rest which is very difficult AND, they never came to an anchor point but held the string beside and away from their head...and hit the target almost a bullseye...RIGHT...someone who admitted never shot a bow before...and it was amuzing how the women pulled the bow back with ease when the man couldn't.....

AND how about when they were talking specs in the lab....they admittedly praised the technology of the bow but when speaking of the aluminum arrow....." high tech arrow with precision vanes capable of up to a maximum 328 fps.......How can you put a max fps assigned to an arrow?[&:]

Good show, but this episode, the writers didn't have a clue.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM

Wow sounds pretty bad. I missed the episode...was the murder weapon a bow??? That might've been interesting.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

That sounds about normal for the show.I do enjoy the show from time to time but their facts are usually total BS.

The real real problem are the poor soles that will see these shows and equate reality to them and then make SO CALLED informed decisions about someones rights with a weapon.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 PM

Have to unload here. First, didn't see the show. Wouldn't give it that kind of attention. I read an article earlier how a big wig at that bow company was "excited" about his bows being on the show and what it would do for his company. I am not knocking the company or the selection of weapon and mean no disrespect towards him, but think about it. From what I understand, CSI was investigating something to do with someone shooting people from the tops of buildings with a high- tech bow. What the heck kinda publicity are we as hunters looking for here?! Like the liberals that are constantly trying to take everything away from us but the kitchen sink need another excuse, another angle to throw at us and screme foul, take the freak'n bows away there gonna try killing people? Man, bad decision here. I would have told the producers to pick up a rock. Then they could ban rocks.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

"That sounds about normal for the show.I do enjoy the show from time to time but their facts are usually total BS.

The real real problem are the poor soles that will see these shows and equate reality to them and then make SO CALLED informed decisions about someones rights with a weapon."

TFOX nailed it dead nuts.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Site Buck Guru

I noticed that the bow had a pretty nice looking sight on it that no one seemed to use, yet they still hit pretty close to the bullseye! Makes me think that I should go back to instinctive shooting. You could possibly save money on not having to buy all those acessories. Unless you count all the bent/smashed arrows![:-]
Old 02-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another black eye for hunting and bowhunting in particular IMO. Surprized Bowtech agreed to allow it happen. [:'(]
Old 02-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Milk River Stickman

Have to unload here. First, didn't see the show. Wouldn't give it that kind of attention. I read an article earlier how a big wig at that bow company was "excited" about his bows being on the show and what it would do for his company. I am not knocking the company or the selection of weapon and mean no disrespect towards him, but think about it. From what I understand, CSI was investigating something to do with someone shooting people from the tops of buildings with a high- tech bow. What the heck kinda publicity are we as hunters looking for here?! Like the liberals that are constantly trying to take everything away from us but the kitchen sink need another excuse, another angle to throw at us and screme foul, take the freak'n bows away there gonna try killing people? Man, bad decision here. I would have told the producers to pick up a rock. Then they could ban rocks.
I totally agree.

I would have told the producers to pick up a rock. Then they could ban rocks.
And now your my new hero, great line.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:16 AM

I was just going to delete it from my tivo, now I will have to check it out. I could use some humor. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Anyone watch CSI NY feb,01

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.