Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Ohio Whitetails >

Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Old 02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Now that hunting season is over I was looking into making a trip into Ohio. I currently live in southern MI and was going to make a hunting trip into OH. I see there are a lot of Ohio hunters on this forum. Could anyone provide me some advice on where the best deer hunting is at inOhio? From the information that I've gathered so far Muskingum and Coshocton counties are coming out at the top of the list. Do you have any advice? Is this the best area to go after those big bucks?

Any advice is appriciated. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Um the best place would be anywhere in the statebut Cleveland.Just kidding but I dont really know where the best is just heard that they have good hunting and great deer.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:49 AM

Look into South-Central Ohio and South-east Ohio. Lot's of big bucks coming out of their of late. I live in MI also and you can be in some of the best hot spots down their in a 2-4 hr drive.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 PM

that's just urban legend...there are no deer in Ohio. [8D]
Old 02-02-2006, 01:44 PM

try "hocking county" wayne national forest is public hunting land there. just dont hunt there during gun season that place is packed but not during bow season. hell hit me up before you decide to go next season and i can point you in the right dirctions of were to park and all. my dad use to own land that bordered wayne national. and i have a lot of other good hunting spots to go to. probably around 6000 acres totall that i can hunt. variouse places in ohio.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

coshocton, guernsey(or how ever you spell it), tusk. , i hunt in stark county and i see just as many big bucks here as in the other 3 i listed but the other three have the most deer IMO
Old 02-02-2006, 05:03 PM

central ohio is the sleeper area of ohio. some might not believe that but i found out first hand this year. i travel up there from south eastern oh, which somewill think i am nuts for but thats alright. the quanity of deer is not as much as the S.E but the quality is just as if not better nowdays than the traditional hotspots. problem is, is that there is not much public land up there as there is in the S.E. part of the state.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMOmuch of the SEis over rated for kill numbers for the fact of how much land is available to hunt. If you would take huntable acres by how many deer are taken it wouldn't be all that impressive.

I think most anywhere in the state would offer a legitimate shot at quality deer.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:14 PM

It's all lies I tell you!! ESPECIALLY Tuscarawas County...Don't bother...hasn't been a deer here for decades. []
Old 02-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Spike

When I was looking online I saw that American Electric Power had some public hunting. Anyone try that public land? Also is it hard to find someone to let you hunt on private land in Musk County?

Quick Reply: Hunting Ohio Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.