Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Alternative Bowtech Grips? >

Alternative Bowtech Grips?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Alternative Bowtech Grips?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM

Default RE: bowtech tomkat ?

ORIGINAL: mauser06

how do you guys like the bowtech tomkats?? thats one of the bows im going to shoot in the near future before buying....if you guys dont mind me asking...what did you guys pay? they come all set up dont they?? maybe a rundown on the accessories if you dont mind? how do they shoot?? thanx guys.....looking for a starter bow....but want a bow that will make me happy for a while.....but i was thinking.....i may need to lower my price....ill need EVERYTHING...arrows..targets..release...plus a set up bow...well see.....i can start of with a couple arrows to save a little...summer ill be back to work so thats no problem later....i can buy a cheaper target to get me through a month or so....well see.......just wondering thanx guys
well i love my bow shoots awsome and i got a good deal on it. it came with bow, sites, whisker biscut, peep sight, and was completely set up to fit me. i also go cobra condor triger release, case, 12 ics hunter arrows, field tips, broad heads, arrows cut to the length that i wanted them. sims s-coil stabilizer, and bowning 6-arrow quiver. it came with a qiver but it was black and i didnt like it,and i think that is about it for around $740 out the door and ready to shoot. i didnt think that was to bad.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:17 PM

I emailed Diamond on their grips, some of their models have the rubber grip. Your can order your new bow with the hardwood grip, they also have the hardwood handle you can buy from Diamond,same as Bowtech. The handles are glued on, I dont know how hard the old handle is to take off, I never did that. I did check into swapping out handles though.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah i called my dealer that i get all my stuff from and placed and order on a laminated grip. should be in, in a few days i will post pics with it on when i get it. thanks every one.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got done changing grips on my bow. The rubber grip pulled off pretty easily. I used Gorilla Glueto put the new woodone on. The factory tech I talked to recommended this glue. It looks and feels great compared to the rubber grip. I'll shoot it tomorrow and let you know what I think.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:29 PM

well mauser i love my 06 tomkat imo its just as good as the higher dollar bowsi was gonna get a tribute and i have a hard time laying 700 bucks on a bare bow my tokat came with a bowtech quiver whisker biscuit rest and braided bow sling and a set of nice sights i cant think of the name of them my mind went blank but the tomkat imo is great i think they could sell it for alot more i paid i think around 550 for it and it came with all the stuff i had other sights and quiver but the ones that came on it was good hope this help ps shoot it and others before you make up your mind because you may not feel the same as me or anybody else good luck
Old 02-03-2006, 06:41 AM

i bought my bare bow fore 499 but i did a few extras to it as well.