Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tritium Pin & Razorcap BH >

Tritium Pin & Razorcap BH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tritium Pin & Razorcap BH

Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tritium Pin & Razorcap BH

Okay fellows I need some help. I am interested in hog hunting and have a lighted pin site to use however I don't like it b/c it overpowers the animal after its dark. I have a hoyt micro elite adjustable site. I believe the same as toxonics. I am interested in getting a tritium pin for it. I can't find any info on whether I can get one to fit my site or not. Does anyone know? Any of you guys that own stores I would gladly get one from you if you pm me.

Second, I need a little better penetration and was thinking of going with the razorcap bh. I did a search and found very little info on it. I am not a member of 5 shots bh forum to get his results. So, what do you guys that use them think about them. ARe they easy to sharpen? Good blade durability?

thanks for the help
Old 01-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tritium Pin & Razorcap BH

I had the same problem. All you have to do is put some electical tape with a tiny slit or hole cut to put over the end of the light. the tiny hole in the tape lets just enough light to barley light your pin. this is what u need. I think the tritium pin may be to brightfor full moon situations.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

the light I have has a cable that attaches to over the pin and lights up just the fiberoptic thread. it isn't the kind that shines a beam of light to all the pins.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

thats what I have. Trophy ridge. Just try it and it will work. I tested mine in a dark closet to experiment with the size hole to make it barley glow. Without the tape it is impossible to see past the pin in very low light situations.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

my brother and I shot razorcaps into a 55 gal. steel drum and they passed all the way through both sides without very much blade damage.