Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Behind my target? >

Behind my target?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Behind my target?

Old 01-28-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Behind my target?

I would like to hear some of your advice for what I can put behind my foam target. As of now when I shoot at my target from 70 yards, a few arrows miss completly and go in the muddy ground behind. Then I have to keep cleaning the arrow shafts before I can shoot that arrow again, otherwise it splatters mud all over my bow. I would like to use hay but I cant, because I have cows and they would keep eating it. And theres no room to shoot into the barn, so it has to be in the field. I need something to put behind the target. But I cant think of anything..

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Behind my target?

There's a couple manufacturing facilities around here that actually make huge blocks of foam.. the really dense stuff. Some companies buy it and place it under boat docks for flotation devices; who knows what else it's used for...

The point is, check out your local industrial parks and see if there's any companies producing anything like that. One block of the stuff is big enough to fit inside the whole bed of a truck; I've used it as a back-up to my bag targets when shooting long distances, and it's awesome. It's also weather-proof, and easy to move.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't put anything behind it. Having to wipe mud off your arrows is an appropriate punishment for missing. If you get tired enough of it, then you'll start shooting better.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-29-2006, 09:00 AM

Old 01-29-2006, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

There's a couple manufacturing facilities around here that actually make huge blocks of foam.. the really dense stuff. Some companies buy it and place it under boat docks for flotation devices; who knows what else it's used for...

The point is, check out your local industrial parks and see if there's any companies producing anything like that. One block of the stuff is big enough to fit inside the whole bed of a truck; I've used it as a back-up to my bag targets when shooting long distances, and it's awesome. It's also weather-proof, and easy to move.
I'll check that out, it sounds like a good idea.

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Don't put anything behind it. Having to wipe mud off your arrows is an appropriate punishment for missing. If you get tired enough of it, then you'll start shooting better.
+1

I like both ideas. Thanks guys!

Old 01-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

put something bigger than your targetwhy are you shootin that far?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

Greg has a good point you should try dock foam. I use it for target shooting myself, and it works great. You can probably go to any local docks if there is any around and pic up someold chunks
Old 01-30-2006, 03:15 PM

A suggestion one of you bowtech nuts...er...ah...I mean FANS might suggest:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MATHEWS-SOLOCAM-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you ever see a BowTech banner on there like that trembow, let me know.

Quick Reply: Behind my target?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.