Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 selling bows on ebay >

selling bows on ebay

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

selling bows on ebay

Old 01-27-2006, 08:33 AM

Default selling bows on ebay

i sold my bow on e-bay and was pleased w/ what i got for it. then i took it to mail boxes ect. to mail and they charged me 20 for freakin box plus shiping. has anyone here sold bows ect. on ebay and how do you send yours?

thanks!!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:09 AM

Default RE: selling bows on ebay

You can go to any pro shop and get a box from a bow that they have laying around, or go to a palce like home depot and get some longer boxes and custom make your own. I have a Bass Pro near buy and they will give you boxes from the bows that they have on the shelf. Hope this helps you.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:55 AM

thanks, this my 1s so going through some screw ups. i also had a 500$ limit on my pay pal which i didn't know about and the bank wouldn't accept the pay pal so i had to call him today and have him re pay and change my account to one that would accept 500. man i hope it works this time
Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I sell bows on ebay all the time.. I make my own boxes. I have a furniture store close to my house. They throw away large boxes and I cut them down to the size I need. Of course you need some large tape and a box knife in a few minutes you can fabricate a box that is sufficient to hold your bow.. bow only is about 14.00 Priority Mail a bow with a bow case is about 28 dollars.
Yep, I did the same thing once.. I bought a box from a mail center.. they will certainly get in your pocket..

I've made a lot of money buying and selling on ebay.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 PM

I just sold mine on Ebay. I got242 dollars , I charged 20 for shipping, for a total of 262 dollars. I bought a box at U-haul that was 5 dollars, the shipping actually was $19.66. Ebay charged me 7 dollars for the ad. I think the rip off for me was a 5 dollar cardboard box.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:10 PM

i have sold two bows on e-bay and i goto the post office just charge enough for the box and shipping i called a archery shop and they gave me one but the 500 dollar limit your other money stays on the paypal account its not a prob good luck
Old 01-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sold my fully hunting ready Outback on ebay a few weeks ago. Case, arrows, rest, sights, doinker, wrist sling, broadheads, everything (well...I took my good stuff off and put some old stuff on...but clearly stated each item).

I started the bidding out at $399 for 5 days. Sold for $635. I had to tape up the snaps and swivels on my case, and they shipped it like that..no box..for $17 (the net weight of everything). Recieve a money order in the mail, verified it, cashed it, then deposited it.

Now I'm using that money to help fund my boat I'm buying tomorrow. 17' Starcraft. [8D] I'll buy a Switchback XT this summer when the prices drop.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sell all my old bows on Ebay is they don't sell here. I do not accept Paypal due to all of the hassles associated with it and the many horror stories I have heard about the company.

I only accept money orders or a cashiers check. It makes it simple and I save money by not having to pay fees associated with Paypal. Sure it takes a little longer to get the money but I am never in a big hurry any way. It's not like they are going to run out of new bows.

For boxes just get one from a pro shop or other bow retailer. I know our store can throw out 10 - 50 boxes a day depending on the season.

Save money by shipping straight from the post office. Those mailing stores charge an arm and a leg to ship something for you. Shipping a bow in a cardboard bow box should only cost you about $12 priority mail (2 days)... yes it is actually cheaper to use priority mail than standard parce post when shipping large boxes like this.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, another thing...

Always list the sale "as is" or else some scammers out there will nail you. Also, stay away from selling anything to anyone in Africa..especially Nigeria. The 419 scam happens every day, and almost happened to a friend selling an XBox 360 before xmas.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

The 419 scam happens every day, and almost happened to a friend selling an XBox 360 before xmas.
What is the 419 scam?

Thanks

Quick Reply: selling bows on ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.