Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well,  I finally got out.. >

Well, I finally got out..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well, I finally got out..

Old 01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Well, I finally got out..

It's been a couple months since I got to go bow hunting. Len took me to a new place he's been hunting. He says he put me in the prefered spot. I saw a Cardinal. He saw 10 and shot one(his 16th for the year). Anyway, it was good to see the inside of a woods. Len shot a deer that had a broken back foot. Looks like he either had a compound fracture just above the hoof or got zinged with a bullet. At anyrate, it had semi healed and was grown back at a wierd angle with the hoof pointing off to the back. The end results was the deer was walking on his crooked ankle and had it all raw and scabby. Nasty looking thing.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Well, I finally got out..

16 ! I have not seen that many deer all year. Got to get out of this sidewalk sissy state
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM

What Dave didn't tell you was that the deer was in bad health. It may not have made it through the winter. When I saw it limping, I had no idea of how bad it was. I'm glad now that I was able to make a good shot and put it down very quickly.

What Dave also didn't tell you was how 'out-of-shape' he's gotten to be. It was his complaining that was totally unexpected. Dave is usually very aggressive and always full of energy. I guess that means I'll have to push to get him out again before the end of the season.

Dave: I'm going Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Let me know if you can make it. And thank you for helping me drag that deer out. BTW, I'll have to check my records. That may have been #17.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM

WOW 16!!! thats great.Good job.Ay chance you'll take me out?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow 17 that's alot of eatin no matter how big yer deer are.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

David, sounds like your season was close to mine. Didn't seem to get out as much this year and sometimes just couldn't get motivated.[8D] Of course, it was kind of a warm season which didn't help. When I did get out the deer were no where to be seen. I'm telling you, it got to where squirrels, rabbits, birds, trees, shadows, weren't safe. I was ready to shoot something. Just couldn't get a shot off. Even the squirrels and rabbits had my number. But I think you ended up having a good year in the overall picture and I'm very glad for you.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM

That's awesome man!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the deer!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len,
What type of camo you wearing this time of year?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Just 17 deer- Isn't this a slow year for you? Or does that not include the crop damage deer?

Quick Reply: Well, I finally got out..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.