Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody know of a decent broadhead target? >

Anybody know of a decent broadhead target?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody know of a decent broadhead target?

Old 01-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anybody know of a decent broadhead target?

I like to practice with broadheads but it really takes a toll on your targets. I have a Black Hole that is pretty chewed up. I shoot a 1 1/8 fixed blade. When I remove the arrows chunks of layered foam come with it. What kind of broadhead target do you shoot?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Anybody know of a decent broadhead target?

I recommend the Yellow Jacket for broadheads. Everybody that I shoot with also uses it and has great results. Only $39 and will hold up good. When you get one don't waste your time putting up the paper sheets they send you. They only get torn and make a mess. I like to take a small roll of electrical tape to use as a templete and spray paint circles right on the foam.

Here is a link:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0024549 416065a&navCount=2&podId=0024549&paren tId=cat600346&navAction=push&catalogCode=Q S&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600 346&hasJS=true
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 AM

I really like my Block 4x4. It does great with the broadheads, but it is a bit on the expensive side. Luckily my neighbor and I both went in on half.
But if the YellowJacket does great with the broadheads too. Give it a try. Shoot, for $39.00, you cant go wrong! Good Luck and let us know which you choose.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

I recommend the Yellow Jacket for broadheads. Everybody that I shoot with also uses it and has great results. Only $39 and will hold up good. When you get one don't waste your time putting up the paper sheets they send you. They only get torn and make a mess. I like to take a small roll of electrical tape to use as a templete and spray paint circles right on the foam.

Here is a link:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0024549 416065a&navCount=2&podId=0024549&paren tId=cat600346&navAction=push&catalogCode=Q S&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600 346&hasJS=true
DITTO.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have tried many, but I still like a pile of dirt. I have a big pile of dirt, invest in a toothbrush to clean the head, and a rag. Shoot all you want, just have to repack every so often.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:46 AM

Hard to beat the Yellow Jacket target from Morrell. I have been blasting mine for over 2 years with broadheads and it is still going strong. I paid $30 for mine at Gander Mountain which is fantastic considering how much use I got out of it.

I would comment on the block target for broadheads but I am not sure that is allowed here anymore.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hada YellowJacket for 2 years and like it. I only shot 50 or so BHs a year into it. If I shot a lot more I could see it getting beat up and ratty.

I have a HOLE also. Junk. Very few BHs thru it and had filed tip pass throughs after less than 100 shots!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Morrell broadhead targets. Very durable target and not too pricey either. My brother also used a black hole and it got chewed up real fast, even with field points it didn't last very long.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman
I would comment on the block target for broadheads but I am not sure that is allowed here anymore.
Way tooooooooooo funny!!!

All you have to say is..."I have personal experience with the block and it sucks and is over priced". End of story.[:@]
Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

I recommend the Yellow Jacket for broadheads.
Me too!

Just don't shoot field tips into it or you'll dislocate your shoulder trying to pull them out [:@]

Quick Reply: Anybody know of a decent broadhead target?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.