Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which sight for new bow? >

which sight for new bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Copper Johns Dead nuts
31.67%
Extreme.....i think it was the sniper series
0%
SpotHogg HoggIt Hunter
23.33%
Other.......let me know which one!
45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

which sight for new bow?

Old 01-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default which sight for new bow?

Hey guys. Been lurking and reading for awhile and finally decided to join up. I really like this place and respect the opinions of most of you guys.

I'm researching for my next bow. I've shot the SwitchbackXT and Tribute and hands down the tribute was the nicest of the two IN MY HANDS not saying the mathews was bad it just didn't feel as good to me. I want to shoot the new Pearson Stealth but the dealer is a jerk and i refuse to spen my hard earned money there.

Here's my question. I'm going to be primarily hunting with the bow. Toss in a 3D shoot in a blue moon. Which site do you recommend. I'm interested in Copper Johns Dead Nuts, Extreme but don't recall the model, and Spot-Hoggs Hog-it hunter. I'm not focusing on price so the bang for buck argument for the CJs doesn't apply.

I have a set of copper johns on my pse brute force and like them but am stearing toward something different. I don't like the looks of any of the cobra or toxonics sites. they may be functional and built well but i have to look at them so aesthetics is a thought for me........go ahead and call me a tard[8D]

so what do you say? i'm open to suggestions and want to hear ALL opinions!!!!!

Thanks a bunch and let the wagering begin!!!
cartman308
Old 01-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: which site for new bow?

I like the Hoggit myself with the larger pin's [.029]

nubo
Old 01-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Montana Black Gold "Dusk Devil II".
Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 AM

Take a look at the Cobra Sidewinder series. Really good sites.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like how BRIGHT the Vital Bow Gear sights are! They are extremely light weight and made in the USA!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

see if you can find another pearson dealer and let me now how the stealth shoots i am interseted also in the pearson spoiler i like the trophy ridge sight the best so far but cobra is my 2nd
Old 01-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Those all seem to be pretty good sights. I used to have horizontal pins (tru glo I think) but went to the Trophy Ridge vertical pins. I was used to the horizontal pins and at first wasn't sure I liked the vertical pins but since have really come to like them. I had a Nitro Extreme on my old bow and went with a Rhino on the new one. I like the .19 pins better than the .29 for myself. The .29's just seemed too big and bright. You can get a bracket and light for the TR's and the Rhino actually has a threaded hole built into the housing that the light screws into. Like most of these sights you can usually find a pretty good deal on ebay.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0032340 416772a&navCount=7&podId=0032340&paren tId=cat20071&navAction=push&catalogCode=IF &rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat2007 1&hasJS=true
Old 01-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which sight for new bow?

Sure Loc Lethal Weapon II
Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 PM

I just bought a Cosmic by Impact Archery. Its a single pin slider sight. I figured since I only hunt whitetails from a tree and my shots are always 30 yds and under, I don't need the extra pins. T he pin on this sight is extremely bright too, zeroed in at 25 yds. Good Luck
Old 01-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with cjsportsman 100%. Impact Archery all the way for me. I haveone of thetrio sight and they were the brightest sights I tried out.

Quick Reply: which sight for new bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.