Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT  STANDS >

LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT STANDS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT STANDS

Old 01-13-2006, 03:40 PM

Default LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT STANDS

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE STANDS ? CANT MAKE UP MY MIND ON A CLIMBER!! THANKX FOR YOUR HELP!!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT STANDS

You will hear alot of good things about both of these brands. You need to do yourself a favor and see them both in-person before you decide. Visit a shop(s) that carries one or both of them. Review the features and benefits of each stand, and better yet, get them in your hands. I think you will notice quite a difference between the designs of each of these companies that will make the decision much easier!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:54 PM

hands down no questions asked a lonewolf. Summits are a little lighter but are alot more noisier. I like the lone wolfs alot. I personally have the ol man climbers cause they are just as quiet but that much more comfortable cause they have a netting like a hammock and u can slide it forward to recline all the way back. Thats what i will be buying again if i have to is the ol man. Lone wolfs are really good stands though
Old 01-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Lone Wolf, API, and Summits just to name a few over the last few years. For me, Summit is the hands down winner. No doubt the Lone Wolf is a great stand, but if you are a big guy it may not be the stand for you. I just could not sit still in the Lone Wolf Sit & Climb for any length of time. The Summit is a little heavier and bulkier but much, much more comfortable. Follow the advice above and try to look at several different models and brands of stands.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 PM

Thanks , i have tried the the summits,and they do make some noise, i havent tested the lone wolf yet, but i have checked them out in the pro shops!!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned both, the Lone Wolf wins hands down! Easier to use, much more quiet, and definitely easier to pack in and out.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have never owned a Lone Wolf but I do own a Summit. I would agree that they are somewhat noisy and more bulky than Lone Wolf but I haven't had any noise issues while actually hunting. You shouldn't experience any noise problems if you use the extra strap to secure it to the tree.I know the Lone Wolf's are a bit more expensive so personally, I would rather own2 Summit's that I could putsome property and lock them to the tree.They are comfortableas well.

I havehad mine for 4 seasons now and have killed plenty of deer out of mine. I am sure thatLone Wolf is a very good stand but I don't know if they are worthdouble the cost unless you can catch them on sale.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:57 PM

hands down no questions asked a lonewolf
What? Huh? Bull! There are always questions. The Lonewolf is a little lighter and easier to pack in. Awsome stand. There are stands that are more comfortable though. The summit is a bit more cumbersome to pack in. While some of the older ones were noisy the new Viper X5 is silent. One of the most comfortable stands you can buy. I like them both. The Viper is a better value and is much more comfortable. The Lonewolf has sure its advantages though.

The question is.... What are you looking for in a stand? Are you more concerned with comfort or weight and bulk while packing in, ect.?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Both companies have great stands.Personallysummits 100%. Craddock is right some of the older stands do make noise, But the newer ones arereally quiet. Another thing you can do to take even more noise out of a climber is by grinding the paint off the teeth of the stand where it meets the tree. You don't have to grind much off JUST the paint and then there shouldn't much noise. Summits have a nicer price tag on them
Old 01-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I got a Summit and enjoyed it since I bought it!! friends bought other stands and wish they went with SUMMITS

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF VRS. SUMMIT STANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.