Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 AM

Default What would you do?

Well, I am sitting in the den, looking outside, trying to decide whether to venture into the deer woods or not. It's 8:30 am, and I have a good place to go where the deer move alot during the day. The problem....35 mph winds. Calling for snow this afternoon. Obviously not a good day to sit in a tree stand.
I know I have to go if I am going to have a chance at one, so I am thinking of still hunting the woods. Man, is it windy though.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do?

Well,what I would do is go in the nastiest stuff I can find with a good deer trail and sit.It will get you out of the wind,somewhat,and hopefully intersect a buck traveling from his bedding to feeding grounds.With the snow coming,the deer may be up earlier to eat.

Is there alot of snow on the ground now?
Still hunting is a good option with it being cold out,as long as its quiet walking and the wind is in your face.
Good luck.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:56 AM

Here in Rolla right now as I look out, the ground is covered by a skim of snow and it's blowing like mad. My choice is easy, I have to go to class but the way it looks out there I probably wouldn't go if I had the chance. Tomorrow looks good though.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately go. Some people say deer bed on high windy days. I personally hunted in up to 60 mpg gusts and still saw plenty of deer and they were moving. So, in short, definatly get out there and have fun.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

mobowhuntr, I would go hunting. The deer will be moving around half freaked out due to the high winds.

MO Bowhnter, Who is that babe at the bottom of your post?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 AM

I'm from the STL area, so its pretty close to you. We have no accumulation yet, but its coming down. Actually...its not going down...its going sideways. I'm sitting in my office looking out at snow blowing vertical. I'm staying right where I am. Cold is one thing - but 30 mph wind + cold is another. Looks like it would blow right through me. :shiver:

I will be out there Tomorrow and Sunday afternoons though. Gotta give it a couple more tries.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Man, do I miss home (central missouri...higginsville/warrensburg area) where we could hunt on Sunday. Here in MD, it's only allowed on 2 sundays and only on private land.
Good luck out there this weekend fellas.
Craig
Old 01-13-2006, 10:44 AM

You cant hunt on Sundays? What kind of a deal is that. You might want to think of movin back here just for that reason.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 AM

Wolf Killer, jump over to this thread and join in on the fun.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1375119

That is Petra Nemcova.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:46 AM

I have been going on some of the nastier days and even just before some of these last couple fronts w/ not much luck. Tommorrow looks like a better day. I'll wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.