Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should i try Quik Spin vanes? >

Should i try Quik Spin vanes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should i try Quik Spin vanes?

Old 01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Should i try Quik Spin vanes?

What do yall think about these? I use feathers right now and they keep on getting all bent up when i close my case so i want to go back to vanes and i'm looking at these.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:21 PM

Default RE: Should i try Quik Spin vanes?

I asked the same question like 3 weeks ago, the response was they were not very durable and blazer vanes are a much better choice.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Feather guys are going to swear by feathers, but us blazer guys are going to swear by blazers. 80 % are going to tell you blazers..They are the toughest vane I've ever seen. Quick spins are gong to slow you down too much, and are not worth the extra money.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like The Rev said, everyone has their own opinion! I shot QuikSpins this year and was very happy with their performance. There have been durability questions with them but with today's dropaway arrow rests providing total fletching clearance I don't see where that really factors into anything.

I plan on switching over to the 3" QuikSpins that just came out this year. I'll make sure I keep everyone updated on how I like them.

Oh and my 28" Allegiance was pushing a 27" a/c/c 3-60 with 4" QuikSpins and a 100 grain tip at over 280 fps last year. I think that's more than enough speed for anyone no matter what vane you're shooting.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM

Spoken like a true sponsor.....

They are quality vanes, for sure. It is a fact, though, that too much spin will cause your arrow to slow down faster.

Hey, here's the thing. Go to your local pro shop and buy 9 of them, fletch 3 arrows and see how they work.

Justin.....really was just pokin fun atcha.....
Old 01-11-2006, 06:58 AM

Talked to a friend of mine that I consider the best bowhunter I have known and he is a hard sell to gimmicks . He tried the quickspins and had the same results as stated above , too much spin and his arrows dropped like a rock . He tried Blazers and he was raving about how tough they are and how his arrows fly so true and like darts .You know what I will be buying .

P.S. he WAS a feather guy .
Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not a sponsor, but am open to offers! That being said, I shoot mostly feathers but the arrows I do have vanes on, I use the Quikspin. I did a lot of testing a couple years ago and found them to be outstanding in getting a broadhead to fly. Don't fletch them helical, just off-set and you won't have a drop like a rock issue. I've taken deer without any problems.

As stated above, everyone's got their own opinion and the above is mine. I'd suggest getting a few different types of vanes and trying them yourself.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

The quickspins work good but if you are switching because of durability issues I would look elsewhere. They don't hold up well at all. I've had the best luck with flex fletch vanes for durability.