Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets >

Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets

Old 01-07-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets

Anyone try these, my proshop just got them in and they look sweet. It is basically a A/C/C turned inside out. aluminum on the outside and carbon on the inside. they are only $110 per dozen to so that aint bad. I think i will have to get 3 just to try them out.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets

I guess Eastons marketing department has to justify their jobs with all these new ideas.

Seriously, how many ways can you dream up an arrow design. Next year they will have a wood core, wrapped in carbon then rolled in aluminum right? Just kidding. HA! Can I get sprinkles with my swirl ice cream?

On a serious note, I actually considered purchasing them myself. I talked to their tech services about them and he did say he liked how easily they pulled from the high density targets. Carbon exterior arrowscan be more difficult to pull from targets especially with a none smooth camo finish.The FMJare a little on the heavy side for my purposes and they could use some other color choices for hunters. Overall I'm sure they have their purpose and are great arrows, I was just in the mood to talk smack tonight.

My local shop didn't even know they existed until I called to see if they had any in stock or on order, so it may be too soon to get any real opinions. Sounds like your in the hot seat, since you have a place to buy them and try them out.

Let us know how you like them and if they balance out ok with 100 grain hunting tips.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any personal experience with these arrows, but I saw a show on the Men's Channel where a guy was hunting in Africa using these arrows and they really did a nice job on the big plains game with the added weight and stiffness.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I checked them out at the ATA show and they look like a nice arrow if you're looking for something with some additional weight for increased KE and penetration. I really like the diamondplate look they have as well. It definitely adds some "coolness" factor to the arrow.

Personally I'm going with the A/C Superslims. Unfortunately the FMJ arrows take the new "Z" nock whereas the A/C Superslims use the same X nock as the regular Axis arrows. With the Z nock being brand spankin' new there are no lighted nocks to fit those arrows yet. However, I have a dozen Lumenocks on their way to fit the Superslims.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:53 AM

Are you sure they take the "z" nock? the Easton website says they use the "x" nock.Just curious because i am thinking about these hard, but if i can't get Lumenocks for them then it's a no go.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm.....I guess the website does say it takes the X nock. I'll email the guys over at Easton to make sure. If that's the case, I just might have to pick up a dozen.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 PM

please post back
Old 01-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Arrows are something I enjoy buying new stuff to try and feel like I changed something even if it really doesn't make much difference.......I have always bought a new dozen arrows that looked "cool" to me and probably always will.........this year however, my brother gave me a bunch of Easton Epics that were too short for him once he let out his draw length. They shot great and passed through all three deer I shot at this year[8D] I hate when something proves to me that more expensive doesn't mean better[:'(] Now I have to buy arrows every year knowing those cheap Epics I still have in the garage will kill a deer just fine[:@]

These arrows sound nice.

Justin.........do you really use a dozen lighted nocks??

Why not just 3 for your hunting rig??
Old 01-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Why not just 3 for your hunting rig??
I have a friend at Lumenock.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 PM

HNIJustin,

The Easton A/C Super Slims will be my next arrow. I have been researching arrows for 2 weeks now and that is the one arrow that would work great for my applications. I heard that in 2005 they were only availavle for dealer purchase and local customers to purchase, so they were hard to find; however, this year they are supposed to be available for purchase over the Internet. $139.00 a dozen was the cheapest I could find them. Any further info on the super slims would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.